• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What energizes you?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been reading a lot here about "define an extrovert" or "define an introvert" and found that extroversion is being energized by the external world of people,things, etc. Introvert is energized by the internal world of thoughts/feelings.
But we found out for sure that all extroverts are not necissarily energized by standing in a room full of strangers at a party drinking booze (although some are), and all introverts may not be energized by sitting at home and reading a book. (Again, some are.)

So what exactly is it that energizes you?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm energized by being happy. That might be being with friends, sports, listening to music, doing something productive, etc. I'm de-energized by video games and books, actually. I think it's the lack of movement.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Feeling that people appreciate my humor and quirkiness while social interacting.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
similar to randominity...anything i'm excited about. a person i'm excited to talk to. a place i'm excited to go to. working on pics on the computer that i'm happy with....etc.

so...i'm going to say...creativity, information, new experiences and an exchange of ideas and/or connecting with people.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wolfie! that's an e answer isn't it?

wolfy

awsm
well, thats why I started this thread. Wanted to see some more non-stereotypical answers. :)

Well let's get serious then.

If I sense someone is enjoying (riding) the/my mood. I'll feel more energized to push it for all it's worth.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can see that.

other post...reserved entertainer.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Varies depending on mood, but when I'm in an upbeat mood it can surge in the presence of uplifting music--major key, good percussion. Driving into weird and unknown places gives me a thrill (and frightens me at the same time), along with motorcycling out there. Riding my motorcycle fast for short durations of time is a rush, as is flying in a plane (the acceleration of liftoff).
Taking awesome pictures with my camera. Learning about new concepts and possibilities and opportunities. Planning out large activities or vacations is fun, although the moment I have to work hard to get details it quickly loses its high (internet FTW btw).

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Being in the outdoors. The wilder the better.
Accomplishment.
Discovery.
Daydreams.
Movement (both exercise and travel).
Getting lost in unfamiliar territory - taking it in and figuring it out.
Making order out of chaos - I've self-psychoanalyzed that I sometimes make a mess just for the pleasure of sorting it out.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
What defines energy though? Are we looking at something that gets someone going physically, or excites them physically, or just makes them mentally content?

I'd have to say things like, using my computer for random things like browsing forums or youtube, listening to music in my car, or discussions in a controlled environment where you don't have to worry about emotional implications of the discussion. I love discussing ideas and problems, but once people start taking things personally or veering off-topic, I lose interest fast.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
an intense emotional connection with someone

Hanging out with friends

Going out to dance like mad and scream my heart out to the music, preferably with some people who are going equally bonkers.

Being alone in nature

Being alone while working with animals

Crafting jewelry

Surfing the net for information

Chocolate

Sex

Think that's about it...

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
running

having a conversation with one person

piano... sometimes... less often now

crossing something off of my to-do list

finishing applications

competition

tennis

writing... unless it is boring writing.. like history textbook writing

reading certain stories/articles/explanations

science/math lectures... one of the most interesting lectures I've been to was by professor Devlin on "how math changed the world"