User Tag List

First 45678 Last

I'm not drunk any more just hungover. I reread what I wrote and I agree with my alter ego.

I am energised by people and their presence.

How does that fit in with being an introvert? You might be thinking.
    Well I'll try an explain. I'll use an analogy. I think that's what it is anyway...

I'm the clown that juggles chainsaws. I do it to impress you.
    Yeah, you but not you. I don't like you... but you're cool.
    But after the shows over I need to go practice, think of some new throws, read a few books on chainsaw maintenance and first aid. I like that side too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha...that's a pretty silly analogy you got yourself there.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Performing, improvising, competition, debating, teaching, watching some movies, playing and listening to music, and being a catalyst.

Do I seek these things out? No, not really. I spend more time doing relaxing things, like reading and writing, which I quite enjoy, but that do not really "energize" me. I can't even remember the last time I had some zest that lasted for more than 10 minutes.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Competition. It never fails to energize me. Especially when I'm losing at something.

Also - inspiration (mainly from watching or hearing someone do something unbelievably great).

Oh, and music.
    There we go, I knew something was missing from this thread. This is what I agree with most. (not just saying that) It's rare, though, that I feel energized and a strong desire to do something.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP

Great people... music is a big thing.. Inspiring art... walking along a beach at dusk or at night is even better.. dreaming... image streaming... basically... and I know this is going to make me sound weird but anything that makes me feel alive.. in a good or bad way
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Lust, desire, music, ideas and an audience.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm not drunk any more just hungover. I reread what I wrote and I agree with my alter ego.

I am energised by people and their presence.

How does that fit in with being an introvert? You might be thinking.
    Well I'll try an explain. I'll use an analogy. I think that's what it is anyway...

I'm the clown that juggles chainsaws. I do it to impress you.
    Yeah, you but not you. I don't like you... but you're cool.
    But after the shows over I need to go practice, think of some new throws, read a few books on chainsaw maintenance and first aid. I like that side too.
    My brother is an ISFP, and my dad considers him an extravert and me an introvert. He spends most of his time by himself, but when he is in a group he's pretty wild.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

What energizes me really depends on a lot of factors. After a long day at work, I cannot stand in looking at ANYONE's face or talking for about 20-30 minutes after I come home. During this time I typically "zone out" where I think about nothing, stupid shit, or something totally irrelevant to what I have been doing all day long...

Anything can be energizing or debilitating depending on my mood, my feeling, or my status at any given time. That includes, but is not limited to: books, movies, socializing, parties, being online, working, helping others, exercising (working out, going for walks, etc.), handcrafts, games, puzzles, thinking, learning new things, talking to people, observing things, etc.

More often than not, if I am really exhausted, I love to be alone or with my husband.

On the other hand, if I have too much time alone or with my husband, I go ape shit.

Furthermore, if I spend too much time with others and don't replenish, I go nuts and get cranky....

Wow, I am a really complex person....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    FiSi

Definitely nature. I love jogging and taking long walks with my dog in the forest (and I mean an actual forest, not the artificially lighted crowded jogging track a-couple-of-hectares tree-filled spots).

Being underestimated. Something in my unconscious jumps up and starts screaming "SHOW THEM ALL!"

Very quiet and physically passive alone time. I need it a lot.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm energized by people. Even having a person in the room while doing my own works helps me not to be bored to death by doing solitary work. Whoever said "an audience" that's 100% right, be it on stage or off. In certain levels of exhaustion I can run on audience alone (i.e., show week, when I do a show every night and go to school for eight hours during the day. It's going to be AWESOME).

I'm also energized by knowledge, by which I mean possibility. I'm energized by knowing something new insofar as it opens up a world of related possibilities. I suppose I do have "grass is greener" syndrome.