User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Travelling!!

Finding myself in exciting, slighty-off-the-wall, unexpected situations.

Learning new things about random stuff.

Being around generous, hospitable, caring people.

Having deep conversations.

Listening to people talking to me about their emotions, perceptions, dreams etc. It's true, if someone tells me what they had for breakfast I am bored out of my head but if someone recounts a childhood traumata to me I get all interested and excited.

Anything that has a genuine air of mystery surrounding it, situations that point to something beyond the visible world.

I do NOT get energized at all by competition, either I don't care enough to win and let the other person have the prize or I care but the idea of having to compete and fight makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I've been reading a lot here about "define an extrovert" or "define an introvert" and found that extroversion is being energized by the external world of people,things, etc. Introvert is energized by the internal world of thoughts/feelings.
    But we found out for sure that all extroverts are not necissarily energized by standing in a room full of strangers at a party drinking booze (although some are), and all introverts may not be energized by sitting at home and reading a book. (Again, some are.)

So what exactly is it that energizes you?
    Crack energizes me. I feel like the juggernaut and run around raping people and kicking ass!!!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    Crack energizes me. I feel like the juggernaut and run around raping people and kicking ass!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I get energized by having deep conversations, analyzing carefully, extracting principles, experiencing difficult feelings (slightly diff feeling, though), competition, humor, witty banter, and snorting coke.

NOT

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I get energized by having deep conversations, analyzing carefully, extracting principles, experiencing difficult feelings (slightly diff feeling, though), competition, humor, witty banter, and snorting coke.

NOT
    I'm surprised it took this long for someone to crack that joke...
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

MBTI
    ENTP

Meeting new people, socializing, new opportunities and experiences, getting to showcase some of my writing or other things I am proud of, receiving positive feedback on something I've done.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

garbage

- Being out and around other people. If I'm engaged in the environment, I can go for a very long time without needing a break.
    - Bouncing ideas and theories off of others. I can go at this for hours at a time, and I love the learning exercise.
    - That sense of accomplishment.. just allows me to ride the high afterward for a while.
    - Good, energetic music.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I've been reading a lot here about "define an extrovert" or "define an introvert" and found that extroversion is being energized by the external world of people,things, etc. Introvert is energized by the internal world of thoughts/feelings.
    But we found out for sure that all extroverts are not necissarily energized by standing in a room full of strangers at a party drinking booze (although some are), and all introverts may not be energized by sitting at home and reading a book. (Again, some are.)

So what exactly is it that energizes you?
    Ironically things feel the most "right" inside when my environment is at it's most chaotic. When everything is unplanned or something totally unexpected happens, or it's just a totally different situation that many people don't know how to cope with. Those are the moments where I feel most naturally myself.

I also get energized by lively parties or a rock concert where I really like the band and the environment is kinda run down and grungy. When I'm performing on stage I really get a jolt of energy, and seeing a plan of mine put in to action also gives me a real big boost. Other than that I tend to get energized by new experiences, new places, and new groups of people especially if the environment is unstructured. I think structured environments tend to more draining for me than quiet ones (though I don't particularly care for quiet either).
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP

Not much energizes me. Maybe when I come a across a new project. That might energize me for a while.