• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What energizes you?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
an intense emotional connection with someone

:yes: That includes unexpected connections with strangers.

Also,

* Discovering a new idea or theory that my Ne can play with and integrate.
* Certain kinds of music.
* Figuring out a puzzle or problem that had been vexing me.
* Helping someone that both needs and genuinely appreciates it.
* Occasionally finding myself as the center of attention when I'm feeling particularly goofy. (It's always accidental though - I just get caught up in the moment.)
* A good story - whether that be in a book, TV show, or movie.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feeling that there is a point however small it may be.

Well put. :yes:

And I'd like to add.. finding that meaning or point, regardless of how small it may seem.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Competition. It never fails to energize me. Especially when I'm losing at something.

Also - inspiration (mainly from watching or hearing someone do something unbelievably great).

Oh, and music.

heart

heart on fire
Sleep
Listening to Music
Doing lots of reading
Watching well done drama (movies, not real life!)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Music - listening to it and especially singing. Going to live shows.
Watching or being involved in a play - Auditions.. I'm a calm pool of water entering.. and I'm walking on air when I exit. I shouldn't even be allowed to drive home, I'm so intoxicated by the rush of emotions.
Reading something profound or utterly insane
Psychoanalyzing everything. Yes.. Even the chair.
Writing.
Learning about anything that sparks my interest - usually within the fields of literature, philosophy, the arts, history, and sciences
Learning about things I find difficult.
Traveling... ah.. love it..
Driving never tires me. It's a definite source of energy. Music, travel, etc..
Playing at playgrounds in the middle of the night, or walking around town.

ADHD probably gives me some energy.

Coffee helps, too.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Ideas, theories, and possibilities.

Yes.

Brainstorming, planning, collaborating, and developing really energize me more than anything else. I LOVE being a part of something in the works.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm energized by being happy.

Hmm..simply put, that's it.

Could be fulfilled by a lot of things. Common ones being -

-Going outside and walking around by myself out in nature
-Completing something that gives me a sense of accomplishment and pride
-Sometimes just sitting, contemplating, and drinking tea (more of a mental/emotional rejuvenation and recentering)
-Traveling and seeing and experiencing new things
-A ha moments where my path becomes clear and I know what I want to work towards. A sense of motion, combined with possibilities, can energize me.
-Certain music energizes me.
-Being with good friends and having good, interesting conversation

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Like Wolfie, I am energized by other people. I am energized by happy, enthusiastic, friendly people, especially if they tell me a story.
I cannot get enough of story telling.
I am energized by doing something creative... painting, drawing, photography, planting a garden, crocheting...
I am energized by singing with other people!
I'm also energized by singing by myself.
I'm energized by a really good, exciting book (right now, I'm reading "The Pillars of the Earth," by Ken Follett, which is quite fantastic)
I'm energized by taking long walks and by being outside.
The inner world doesn't really energize me all that much. It relaxes me and gets me to a place where I easily fall asleep. Hence, I do not have insomnia.:yes:

Lightyear

Travelling!!

Finding myself in exciting, slighty-off-the-wall, unexpected situations.

Learning new things about random stuff.

Being around generous, hospitable, caring people.

Having deep conversations.

Listening to people talking to me about their emotions, perceptions, dreams etc. It's true, if someone tells me what they had for breakfast I am bored out of my head but if someone recounts a childhood traumata to me I get all interested and excited.

Anything that has a genuine air of mystery surrounding it, situations that point to something beyond the visible world.

I do NOT get energized at all by competition, either I don't care enough to win and let the other person have the prize or I care but the idea of having to compete and fight makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I've been reading a lot here about "define an extrovert" or "define an introvert" and found that extroversion is being energized by the external world of people,things, etc. Introvert is energized by the internal world of thoughts/feelings.
But we found out for sure that all extroverts are not necissarily energized by standing in a room full of strangers at a party drinking booze (although some are), and all introverts may not be energized by sitting at home and reading a book. (Again, some are.)

So what exactly is it that energizes you?

Crack energizes me. I feel like the juggernaut and run around raping people and kicking ass!!!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I get energized by having deep conversations, analyzing carefully, extracting principles, experiencing difficult feelings (slightly diff feeling, though), competition, humor, witty banter, and snorting coke.

NOT

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get energized by having deep conversations, analyzing carefully, extracting principles, experiencing difficult feelings (slightly diff feeling, though), competition, humor, witty banter, and snorting coke.

NOT

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to crack that joke...

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Meeting new people, socializing, new opportunities and experiences, getting to showcase some of my writing or other things I am proud of, receiving positive feedback on something I've done.

G

garbage

- Being out and around other people. If I'm engaged in the environment, I can go for a very long time without needing a break.
- Bouncing ideas and theories off of others. I can go at this for hours at a time, and I love the learning exercise.
- That sense of accomplishment.. just allows me to ride the high afterward for a while.
- Good, energetic music.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been reading a lot here about "define an extrovert" or "define an introvert" and found that extroversion is being energized by the external world of people,things, etc. Introvert is energized by the internal world of thoughts/feelings.
But we found out for sure that all extroverts are not necissarily energized by standing in a room full of strangers at a party drinking booze (although some are), and all introverts may not be energized by sitting at home and reading a book. (Again, some are.)

So what exactly is it that energizes you?

Ironically things feel the most "right" inside when my environment is at it's most chaotic. When everything is unplanned or something totally unexpected happens, or it's just a totally different situation that many people don't know how to cope with. Those are the moments where I feel most naturally myself.

I also get energized by lively parties or a rock concert where I really like the band and the environment is kinda run down and grungy. When I'm performing on stage I really get a jolt of energy, and seeing a plan of mine put in to action also gives me a real big boost. Other than that I tend to get energized by new experiences, new places, and new groups of people especially if the environment is unstructured. I think structured environments tend to more draining for me than quiet ones (though I don't particularly care for quiet either).

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Not much energizes me. Maybe when I come a across a new project. That might energize me for a while.