• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mid-twenties crisis: a new phenomenon?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Looks like my life is a life made for crisis, pit stop now and again and it keeps on giving like its already Halloween, wow I miss my mid twenties crisis's now I'm just going through my early thirties and before you know it its happy mid life without the anchovies, what's the difference, its all the same to me.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a huge quarter life crisis starting from about the age of twenty four to about twenty nine-thirtyish. Don't ask, it's long and involved. I hope no-one has to go through such a major restructuring as myself (only to end up where they first began, LOL).

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
I think in the past people's lives were very much planned out for them, and they never hit a crisis until they felt the onset of middle/old age and realized they weren't happy.

Agreed. These days you are allowed to do things just because they make you happy, and are actually expected to have a happy fulfilling life. So people question the way they are living at an earlier age than they used to.
I feel like I just had my midlife crisis, I completely changed how I was living my life and my priorities, and I'm only 21. And a lot of people I know who are in their 20's and 30's are doing the same.