• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Were you an observer or interacter?

Observer or interactor

• SJ-Observer

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • SJ-Ineteractor

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • SP-Observer

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • SP-Interactor

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • NF-Observer

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • NF-Interactor

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • NT-Observer

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • NT-Interacto

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • E

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oops... proving that I'm not particularly observant, I clicked the wrong box :doh:

I was quite the interactive child- my parents left me on the bench in the mall talking to strangers when they went Christmas shopping! There must have been something wrong with me because there were no takers on the kidnapping front or anything :blush:

It probably would have ended like The Ransom of Red Chief if they had!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I totally forgot to make results public, if people could post what the said because the E and I are imported to know aswell.

Interactive, I'm lead to believe you couldn't shut me up. Didn't vote E or I.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I was an observer who wanted to be an interacter.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hard to answer this thread.
I guess it depends on the situation.
I guess i've always been a passive interactor.

well overall of course everyone differs on situational circumstances but what did you feel most comfortable doing in a new situation (I kind of wanted old situations aswell but if you can't decided based on that then just new, i feel like i've rambled)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yea, observer in brand new situations. I'm very uncomfortable in that position though. I'd rather be atleast a little familliar and interactor.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so you prefer interacting? as for me even if i feel comfortable interacting most of the time i prefer observing especially as a child. Now i interact more.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yea, I would prefer to interact. I feel wrong and awkward if I'm not.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was an observer, and still am for the most part. Only recently have I even started to be any kind of interacter.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I was usually the observer that would eventually, and quietly instigate the interacters to throw things... It was fun to see how easy it was to push their buttons...

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
Observer.

My parents could put me on a blanket in the yard and I'd just sit there, taking everything in.

If I was with other toddlers I would play with what was in front of me, and if another kid took my toy I didn't really care.

From what my mom says, I didn't shun things or people, but I certainly didn't need them to be preoccupied.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
According to my mom, as a very young child I was quite "interactive" or possibly "hyperactive." But by the time I was old enough to have much memory, I think I became much more of an observer. I definitely am now. David Keirsey's latest book labels my type as the "Tactical Responder." I think that describes my mode of operation for most of my life perfectly.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
can I say both?
Actually more of an interactor, so long as people weren't involved. I just did my own thing, got kicked out of kindergarten because of it. The rebel I was.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius was interactive and somewhat extroverted child, or at least until he was around twelve or thirteen million years old when he went into his kill and destroy mode.

G

garbage

I'm pretty sure I was more of an observer as a kid. The way I see it, I spent a while gathering the tools I needed to interact with full force later on in life :)