User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Power of Thought

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Here is a common scenario:

Q: Would you run down the street with no clothes for $1 million?
    A: No, I wouldn't; I have too much respect for myself to do something like that.

Anyone see a flaw in logic?

If you dismiss an opportunity to make a lot of money, you don't have respect for yourself!
    I'd do it for free. Depending on the street. I'd either do it for free or I wouldn't do it at all. It's all for sport. So is life. Money is a side effect, as far as I'm concerned.

As I've gotten older I've become more and more confident. I almost feel like I can do anything I choose. I'm not bulletproof -it will take a lot of hard work and a lot of balls to get it done right, but I can if I decide I want to. I can make a million dollars, I can get any girl I want. I havn't neccesarily done either, but if I wake up and decide to do it, damnit, I will. I don't believe this thought will make it happen, though, I think the only way thought can lead to fulfilling your desires is to focus it. Decide thats what you wan tto do and focus untill you get it. I like the ideas of small goal setting with the big picture in mind at PTGatsby mentioned, it sounds very good.

I'm also terribly naive, for what it's all worth.

I don't doubt the power of suggestion in many life situations but I was turned off by the wealth of blatent materialistic goals in The Secret. But I can't really say, I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    thinking this way causes you to subconciously make changes in your life that allow you to reach your goal
    When parents send their children the message that they are capable of achieving their goals, that it is good to have goals of their own, and that life can be whatever they make of it, then their children grow up seeing possibilities and taking advantage of opportunities.

When parents fail to do that, children do not set high enough goals for themselves and they do not believe as strongly in their ability to achieve those goals.

So, thinking things like "I will have a $300k house someday." does not necessarily mean you will, but those that say things like that have a greater chance of having things like that because they believe in their future and in their ability, and make the most of life's opportunities.

Nah, none of this weirdness......hard , satisfying WORK. Yum.

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...