User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm pretty sure these functions develop all on their own without any conscious effort on our part,
    like your adult teeth pushing your baby teeth out.
    It happens around a certain predictable age.

Tertiary begins to develop @ age 25.
    Inferior begins @ age 50.

garbage

I'm slowly discovering the benefit of living day by day and enjoying the present. I guess by this model, that's developing Se?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

How is Se considered? Dancing? Having fun? Playing sports? Being able to react in the moment to stimuli? Understanding the external world? I'm good at sports, dancing and understanding the external world, to the point that some people have called me ESTP, however my reaction to outside stimuli is far from immediate, and I lack some confidence in my ability to shape the external environment.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Ti>Ne>S>Fe

I think I have a well developed inferior function, Fe, as is probably expressed through my enneagram 9 type. Not sure how well I use sensing though. As I mentioned in my enneagram thread, I believe people can develop any of the 4 in any order depending on their outward personality (as described through enneagram). For instance, I think enneagram 9 is much more conducive to Fe than 5 is.

If you believe Jung, most people will start to explore their tertiary and inferior functions in the latter half of their life, sometimes leading them to look like their opposite type (since the first two dominant functions determine your 4 letter type, switching the order preference of the functions is similar to changing your type).

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

I have a well-developed tertiary function (Fi).

It has affected my perception of the world by being in touch with my feelings and having the ability to keep distance from negative stuff (people, situations, thinking, etc.).

MBTI
    INTP

I'd say sports has really developed my Fe and Se. The constant interaction with a bunch of guys most of whom I've known for a very long time, going to tournaments, practices, outside of school and sports, coaches, tryouts... it all really built some of those aspects, especially Fe.

Se on the other hand I would say is a lot more context dependent. I'm extremely confident in my physical abilities and my ability to interact with and adjust to the physical realm on a real time basis. Having said that I've still always viewed sports more on a systematic level and really loved more of the abstract principles inherent in them. In all other facets of my life my Se is surprisingly inept. I have good body control, flexibility, and reflexes but when it comes down to the minute, repeatable, and comfortable level I'm not as natural as some.

I think the adrenaline plays up in those situations and allows some of my shortcomings to not be relevant really in those domains. It's far from a natural thing with me (Se) as evidenced by the chaotic and disinterested manner in my immediate environment across all situations.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

If anything, my Si's gotten shot to hell while Fe's gotten slightly better.

In other words, function order is bunk and so is "Development of functions."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    If anything, my Si's gotten shot to hell while Fe's gotten slightly better.

In other words, function order is bunk and so is "Development of functions."
    For INTPs it's meant to be Fi and Se
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    For INTPs it's meant to be Fi and Se
    Nah, it's Si-Fe in both schools of thought.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Nah, it's Si-Fe in both schools of thought.
    Well, for ENTJs is Fi-Se, so I can't see how it's possible that it's Si-Fe for INTPs
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp