User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Whenever people get in my grill, instead of answering things in my own true words and feelings, I usually give a concrete statement, which supplies them with the bare minimal. I don't like to talk deeply to people I'm not close with..and I don't like to express my inner self in front of them, so I usually wing it, and shoot something out that I don't necessarily agree with.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    ...People often feel closer to you if you reveal something important/secret or open up to them. Yet if you are fully exposed, what exactly happens then?
    Is it ever possible to be fully exposed?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Is it ever possible to be fully exposed?

I don't think anyone in this world, other than you, will ever know even half of you. Everything is shallow..no matter what the subject be..because it's nearly impossible to get a message across fully through words, artwork, music, actions, etc. These may seem like great ways to express ones self, but everyone takes it differently.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Hm. Not sure if others have experienced this feeling before. Even if it's part of the introverts nature to keep things to himself.

Right I'm scared of giving too much information away about myself. You could say it's the fear of rejection, except it's not because I'm scared others will reject me for the content. Rather it's the belief that if I tell others everything, I'll reach a certain point where I have nothing left to add. Is this a false belief?

People often feel closer to you if you reveal something important/secret or open up to them. Yet if you are fully exposed, what exactly happens then?
    Actually, You're very likely not alone in this department. I've offended what I think to be an ISFJ or ESFJ (ENFJ or whatever, doesn't even matter) because she said I "anaylzed her too much" the first time we met her. We (group of friends sittin around chatting) had drinks at Chilis and I thought we had a good time, I was friendly and all, but apparently she REALLY didn't like the fact that I OPENLY expressed how much of her I could see right away.

I can understand not wanting to reveal things, but at the same time, you wear who you are like a badge on your shoulders, one way or another. Even if you reveal nothing, that reveals a lot, yanno

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Actually, You're very likely not alone in this department. I've offended what I think to be an ISFJ or ESFJ (ENFJ or whatever, doesn't even matter) because she said I "anaylzed her too much" the first time we met her. We (group of friends sittin around chatting) had drinks at Chilis and I thought we had a good time, I was friendly and all, but apparently she REALLY didn't like the fact that I OPENLY expressed how much of her I could see right away.

I can understand not wanting to reveal things, but at the same time, you wear who you are like a badge on your shoulders, one way or another. Even if you reveal nothing, that reveals a lot, yanno
    Hm. I wouldn't like to be exposed straight off the bat... especially in front of other people. The whole issue with wanting to control how much information goes out and all that. It'd have been better to let her give away that information herself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    See now I have this off to a fine art - I let people think that I am an open book but really I am far from it. DOn't know why I am secretive, always have been from a child.. Is it to do with type, I'm not sure as some of the other ENFPs I have met seem pretty open and honest but then again they could be playing the game too!

I think with me it's just the way that I am.
    yep...i'm the same way and i think it comes from deep hatred of being judged so...if it's not something i want someones opinion about i'll choose not to discuss it...but will talk about other things instead...i like to be open but i like to choose what to be open about and with who.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Hm. I wouldn't like to be exposed straight off the bat... especially in front of other people. The whole issue with wanting to control how much information goes out and all that. It'd have been better to let her give away that information herself.
    Yeah, I know hehe. I learned a valuable lesson that day: Stop mentioning intuitive MBTI/personality observations in everyday life.

But I'm still watching you ....

ThatGirl

I want to reply to this thread, but I......just......cant .....do it.........

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post

I can usually pierce through people's shell and read them quite well. However, I never make that apparent because I KNOW that makes people uncomfortable. I usually only use that level of perception when I'm being antagonized by the person. I've heard it said that INTP's can be manipulative, and I'm sure that's part of how INTP's do it, through that ability to read people like books.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, I think that the best thing you can do is to recognize how this psychological mechanism is completely stupid and damaging, and get rid of it.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp