User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

As Kendoiwan purports there are similarities between STPs and NTJs, particularly ESTP/ENTJ and ISTP/INTJ. Contrary to what has been misstated the two thinking type SPs are very similar to the judging type NTs due to similar interaction styles and because Ni-Te and Ti-Se combinations whether reversed are identical to on-lookers per Linda V. Berens and Dario Nardi’s booklet, Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code.

I think that ISTPs can confuse themselves as ESTPs and vice-versa, when both are using their auxiliary functions well. I think that ISTPs can also confuse itself with ENTJ when they revert to their tertiary function (Ni). Where the difference is, is that the ISTP will confuse a lot of their Se usage as being Te for no other reason as that they are using Ni. As an ISTP I have confused myself as being ESTP/ENTJ for extended periods.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

thank you....that's what i wanted to see.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ThatGirl

Oddly enough, I have seen this similarity often. They both dont really care about bringing harmony to others, stand alone even in front of the crowd, and the mature versions of each tend to need a lot of space and are quiet sucessful.

The difference, get them to talk about their long term goals, that will create the distinction instantly.

Do all three types make lists and draw clear plans? Like is that an S or Ti thing or is orderly laying out clear plans for things before doing them more a xNxJ thing?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Lol? SPs and lists?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    Lol? SPs and lists?
    . I'm guessing that is a no for SPs?

Is emphasis on correct, efficient and clear communication also an NTJ trait not an SP one? Like avoiding words that may confuse the listener etc. so clear communication is paramount in writing and speaking rather than sounding intelligent or stylish.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    IsTP

ISTPs we're like NTs, but cooler
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

And sexyer!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

You are also grammatically incorrect, my dear sirs.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Do all three types make lists and draw clear plans? Like is that an S or Ti thing or is orderly laying out clear plans for things before doing them more a xNxJ thing?
    Nah, that's mostly Te/Ni, so xNTJ would be much, much more prone to do so. SP is more about seizing immediate opportunities on the fly than developing more long-term plans. Both types can be seen as planning to a certain extent, but xNTJ is more likely to chart or make lists and to think farther into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Is emphasis on correct, efficient and clear communication also an NTJ trait not an SP one? Like avoiding words that may confuse the listener etc. so clear communication is paramount in writing and speaking rather than sounding intelligent or stylish.
    And yes, my default mode of operation is very direct communication.. I'm not as sure about SP's. I think the main difference between xNTJ and SP communication would be in the content or subject of what they're talking about, the N being more conceptual (but still direct) and the S being more concrete.