User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

yes for me that happens all the time. My sister says we're from different planets because I live in my head most of the time and she's a strong ESFJ. I'm very involved in my thoughts or something is going through my head where I forget to do something. Or I zone out while someone is speaking to me.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    yes for me that happens all the time. My sister says we're from different planets because I live in my head most of the time and she's a strong ESFJ. I'm very involved in my thoughts or something is going through my head where I forget to do something. Or I zone out while someone is speaking to me.
    ESFJs don't like it when people are oblivious to them.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    ESFJs don't like it when people are oblivious to them.

you're telling me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I'm curious how often other introverts experience these same things.

For instance, do people ever ask you if anything's wrong going just by your silence?
    I have a friend who's an ESFJ (complete opposite of me), and I'll just be staring happily out a window or something, and she will constatly asking me if I'm ok. So yeah - it happens alot.

MBTI
    infp

All the time, it's actually quite frustrating tbh since I want to be more anchored, but instead I'm just up there in my own head.

Sometimes I will sit there and stare at a wall for hours, and then sort of come to, look at the clock and realise just how much time I lost.

People call me on the street, sometimes even have to chase after me because I didn't hear them and they have to sort of tap my shoulder to get me out of my reverie.

I actually hate it, I'm sick of living up there.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, not really.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by helmetel View Post
    I have a friend who's an ESFJ (complete opposite of me), and I'll just be staring happily out a window or something, and she will constatly asking me if I'm ok. So yeah - it happens alot.
    See, that just makes me wonder which type is the most likely to try to "fix" our introversion.

MBTI
    INFP

My friends regularly notice (and mock) my 'complete and utter lack of spatial awareness' ^^ I keep nearly getting hit by bikes (they don't make much noise, why should I notice them? ) on my way to college, not to mention the fact that I seem unable to walk in a straight line . Oh, and I'm constantly being jerked out of my reverie by people either asking that dreaded question 'So, what do you think?' or I suddenly find myself being stared at by everyone else in the group because some sort of response is expected, when I haven't the faintest idea what they've been talking about.
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    My friends regularly notice (and mock) my 'complete and utter lack of spatial awareness' ^^ I keep nearly getting hit by bikes (they don't make much noise, why should I notice them? ) on my way to college, not to mention the fact that I seem unable to walk in a straight line . Oh, and I'm constantly being jerked out of my reverie by people either asking that dreaded question 'So, what do you think?' or I suddenly find myself being stared at by everyone else in the group because some sort of response is expected, when I haven't the faintest idea what they've been talking about.

hahaha that happens to me all the time "so What do you think?" Usually with family gatherings. Everyone around me is talkin about something. So I therefore tend to not listen and focus more on my thoughts. This used to happen to me a lot in college too. Then I got used to thinking up something on the spot when I was asked that dreadful question!

I'm usually quite aware of my surroundings and have quick reflexes. I don't know why or how but i'm quite good at playing sports that i've never played before. The only time I zone out is when people are having a really in depth conversation with me and then my thoughts tend to wander

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I do. It's a large part of why I hate driving. I try to be careful- luckily I've only injured vehicles so far. I zone out at work a lot, too; I've never earned a nickname, but my boss likes to ask, "So how far into space did you get that time?"