User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Emotion control

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

which is so weird...because people say you love the way you want to be loved...right?
    but...not in this way...i'm 100% there for someone when they need it...they can break down and show me all of them and i'll take care of them without second thought...you know? but...*i* could never do that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    which is so weird...because people say you love the way you want to be loved...right?
    but...not in this way...i'm 100% there for someone when they need it...they can break down and show me all of them and i'll take care of them without second thought...you know? but...*i* could never do that.
    Ditto - wtf is that?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ISTJ

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre of the spam View Post
    For some reason my emotions are way more muted than others people. I really don't feel that strongly about many things, and when I do I don't express them that easily. Or, other people are just childishly bad at controlling themselves.
    Because your a rock solid ISTJ and your "not supposed" to show your emotions! Nothing wrong with that!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Ditto - wtf is that?
    I totally get that one and have a smart-alleck remark for that:

Maybe we can easily give away what we don't value very much! Heh.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I totally get that one and have a smart-alleck remark for that:

Maybe we can easily give away what we don't value very much! Heh.
    perhaps we(Anja,Erin,and Avery) cannot breakdown like that because we are that strong.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP

I am sooo with you Erina as we have many times discussed I have noticed this trend amongst a few ENFx friends!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    perhaps we(Anja,Erin,and Avery) cannot breakdown like that because we are that strong.
    Ah. False pride? Ack.

Gotta think about that one.

I usually feel frustrated that the person never seems to be able to say what exactly I need to hear. Doesn't truly understand. Really quite a juvenile response I think.

I dunno. I know that I am a very strong personality and that I also don't fear showing hurt to others. That's part of my strength, I think, being able to be unafraid of my feelings. Or the feelings of others. But over the years I've developed the habit of letting it go because the resolution seems unsatisfactory to me.

I've learned to allow other to attempt to comfort me and accept it for what it is - a good intention.

It sounds just uncomfortable enough for me to say this that I'm thinking I'm still missing a piece of development here which would be useful.

Thoughts. . .

Oh dear. False pride. Dang. Think you hit it.

And I think I know what the hook is. That there are in this world people who attempt to comfort you in such a way that I get the distinct impression that they are implying that I am less than them. That feels like someplace I don't want to go.

So maybe it's my guessing at the underlying motive which may catch me up in these situations?

Edit: In that case, Blue's remark about it being tied into our self-esteem is appropriate.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Oh lookit. I dragged Blue's comment from the "ENFJ Facade" thread over here. It fits here as well, I think.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    *longer post above short one, blah blah blah*
    Yeah, I'm with you there, this is the area I most need to work on. I've gotten pretty good at understanding why I think the way I do, but sometimes confronting those negative emotions--even if I know why/where they've come from, and what will make me feel better--is just impossible for me.

What do normal people do?
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    INFP

Tell me where you find these "normal" folks, aufs klo, and we'll ask them.