• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Avoiding arrogance AND anxious doubt...any tips?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I just came from a coffee shop where I picked up one of those indy health mags. And It was running the first in a series of six installments about waking to reality.

The first thing the authors commented on was your question, ygolo! The necessary talk about finding the balancing point. Then there was a bunch of stuff about awareness, mindfullness, being in the moment.

My first thought was how alienated and lonely I sometimes feel letting go of the illusions. And they also addressed that speaking about how the process leads to a sense of connectedness which is satisfying. All very interesting.

I'll be looking for the next issues.

Sounds like you've tapped into the collective unconscious!

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Accept the fact that if you dont know everything its ok

For you, maybe a pride issue. For me, common sense.

Look at capability and possibility before making concrete judgments about yourself.

This is how NTJs work. This is not how INTPs tend to operate. We tend to make a decision and then try to figure out whether or it makes sense. If the decision is faulty we go back and start again.

How do we know what part of our perspective to change?

You can go with a consensus opinion. If you are coming up with something new, you can try to find examples to fit your model. Something like hypothesis testing. If you do that, you have to be critical and question the results.

A good way to assess an idea is to write it down and then come back to it a month or two later. That makes it a lot easier to see whether or not it makes sense.

ygolo

My termites win
Interesting. So people seem to look for new pespective for growth and flexibility.

I just came from a coffee shop where I picked up one of those indy health mags. And It was running the first in a series of six installments about waking to reality.

The first thing the authors commented on was your question, ygolo! The necessary talk about finding the balancing point. Then there was a bunch of stuff about awareness, mindfullness, being in the moment.

My first thought was how alienated and lonely I sometimes feel letting go of the illusions. And they also addressed that speaking about how the process leads to a sense of connectedness which is satisfying. All very interesting.

I'll be looking for the next issues.

Sounds like you've tapped into the collective unconscious!

Could you tell me the name of the magazine and the title of the article?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
The magazine is Edge Life (@edgelife.net.) The article is "Is Anyone Really Waking up Here?" by Jonathon Krown and Johana Sand.

T

ThatGirl

For you, maybe a pride issue. For me, common sense.

This is how NTJs work. This is not how INTPs tend to operate. We tend to make a decision and then try to figure out whether or it makes sense. If the decision is faulty we go back and start again.

I dont understand this

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I dont understand this

"The INTJ resembles a chess player, ruminating on the possibilites and then making decisive accurate moves. If the INTP played life as chess, he would keep wishing to modify the allowed-move-properties of his various pieces to optimise his strategy, find that that isn't allowed, and ask to start the game afresh! The ENTP chess player would indeed modify the rules to his advantage and complain that the standard rules were inadequate! The ENTJ would play by the standard rules but insist on making the moves for his opponent as well !"

From An INTP Profile

I would add the following:

An ENFP would feel bad that the other person losing and encourage the other person while intentionally making bad moves of their own. An ENFJ would feel bad about the other person losing and would sacrifice their own pieces to help the other person.

Where the rules are fixed INTJs rule the day, but when the rules are arbitrary the INTP reigns supreme. Keirsey's Masters of Order vs. Masters of Organization.