User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Ultraviolent Women?

Anja put this really great link about hybristophilia in a recent thread. Hybristophilia is "a paraphilia of the marauding/predatory type in which sexuerotic arousal and facilitation and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent on being with a partner known to have committed particularly cruel, or outrageous crimes."

From this article
    ...But some of these women are not victims and never claimed to be. Debra Brown, who in 1984 helped Alton Coleman rape and strangle women and girls as young as age seven, said of one of the dead, "I killed the bitch and I don't give a damn. I had fun out of it." Myra Hindley, molester/killer of at least five teens with her partner Ian Brady, was appalled when police arrested Brady and left her behind. "Wherever he has been," Hindley told detectives proudly, "I have been." Some of these women, it would seem, enjoy taking part in brutal sex crime—some, as we will see, even mastermind the plans and coax their men into following.

Unimaginable? It shouldn't be. Pundits from all positions in the gender debate are finally waking up to the harsh truth: Women can feel violent angry lust. Broken homes or chromosomes can make the sadistic predilection stronger. Whether vicariously or hands-on, some women want to feel the power of inflicting suffering, the orgasmic release of their vengeful fury, the messianic command over a helpless human being. Like many women, hybristophiliacs crave control and dominance as much as men. Like most women, they're not accustomed to getting it.

So they sublimate their violent appetites, to whatever extent that's necessary. They may idolize whichever roughneck cretin is currently terrorizing the town on their favorite soap. Or they might write fan letters to convicts, professing their admiration and support. Maybe they found a passive guy to carry out their vicious self-hating desires by proxy. Their compulsive attraction to criminals varies in disposition and degree. The results of these attractions vary as well.
    The article goes on to break the women who are attracted to violent criminals into further categories:

Women Who Think Criminals Are Sexy
    Pissed-Off Teenaged Girls
    Compliant Victims
    The Übermensch Wench
    Brides of Chucky (this kinda made me although it's not )

What do people think hybristophilia, especially the bolded part? Is this legit? Are these women narcissistic violent criminals, victims, or enablers?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have never heard of that and am so offended at the thought of it...idkw...but i'm not even going to read that. i just hate to be reminded of how sick people can be...i mean really...what the hell.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm not sure if women admitting to being sadistic, or women who do sadistic things and lie through their teeth to avoid jailtime are the more disgusting individuals.. but it makes my stomach roll.

I know first hand how cruel women can be.. I encountered a woman like this. At least society is taking steps toward more equal punishments for women. It's high time for it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

I think they find the perceived power of the criminal in question attractive.

Fucked up, but there's something basic behind it.

ThatGirl

I never actually considered criminals to be attractive in that if they have a criminal record it certaintly means they are not intelligent enough to keep from getting caught.

That said I was always told I would make an excellent wife to a mob boss.

MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't know there was a name for it.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUH3B1lPvYM"]Goldeneye[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP

I was thinking a few days ago about writing a story about a dangerous woman with a murderous soul--seems like this is related to what I had in mind. Of course, such a character wouldn't work as a heroine in ordinary society. I was really thinking more of a pirate-ess of the high seas. Haha, anyway this is interesting, I'll be reading on this... No real opinion except that, I believe it.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm glad to see that the article caught your interest, Protean. I'm also interested in what people have to say about this.

I sometimes cringe when I hear people saying that women don't have the capacity for monstrous acts. I'm wondering if the fact that these women seem to need to be connected to a violent male would enable that thought.

I have a female friend who works in a women's prison and she verifies that nearly every female in prison has a connection with a criminal male who played some part in her being sentenced.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

How is this Hybristophilia different from ASPD with an accompanying sex fetish (violence) ?

actually, some of the examples seem kind of "out there", such as that DEbra chick.... seems ASPD or psychopathic in addiction to the sexual arousal..... it just sounds like a sex fetish with violence, and that's not really all that exotic.... Freud said sex can be linked with just about any idea the human mind encouters.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I think the point of the diagnosis, Noz, is that it implies that people with this particular psychological dynamic need to be connected with another person with a similar inclination. You could also call it folie a' deux, madness of two, but that criteria doesn't necessarily imply sadism. That's what makes it so interesting to me. The various implications for legal intervention.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer