• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ultraviolent Women?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Anja put this really great link about hybristophilia in a recent thread. Hybristophilia is "a paraphilia of the marauding/predatory type in which sexuerotic arousal and facilitation and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent on being with a partner known to have committed particularly cruel, or outrageous crimes."

From this article
...But some of these women are not victims and never claimed to be. Debra Brown, who in 1984 helped Alton Coleman rape and strangle women and girls as young as age seven, said of one of the dead, "I killed the bitch and I don't give a damn. I had fun out of it." Myra Hindley, molester/killer of at least five teens with her partner Ian Brady, was appalled when police arrested Brady and left her behind. "Wherever he has been," Hindley told detectives proudly, "I have been." Some of these women, it would seem, enjoy taking part in brutal sex crime—some, as we will see, even mastermind the plans and coax their men into following.

Unimaginable? It shouldn't be. Pundits from all positions in the gender debate are finally waking up to the harsh truth: Women can feel violent angry lust. Broken homes or chromosomes can make the sadistic predilection stronger. Whether vicariously or hands-on, some women want to feel the power of inflicting suffering, the orgasmic release of their vengeful fury, the messianic command over a helpless human being. Like many women, hybristophiliacs crave control and dominance as much as men. Like most women, they're not accustomed to getting it.

So they sublimate their violent appetites, to whatever extent that's necessary. They may idolize whichever roughneck cretin is currently terrorizing the town on their favorite soap. Or they might write fan letters to convicts, professing their admiration and support. Maybe they found a passive guy to carry out their vicious self-hating desires by proxy. Their compulsive attraction to criminals varies in disposition and degree. The results of these attractions vary as well.

The article goes on to break the women who are attracted to violent criminals into further categories:

Women Who Think Criminals Are Sexy
Pissed-Off Teenaged Girls
Compliant Victims
The Übermensch Wench
Brides of Chucky (this kinda made me :laugh: although it's not :laugh::blush:)

What do people think hybristophilia, especially the bolded part? Is this legit? Are these women narcissistic violent criminals, victims, or enablers?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have never heard of that and am so offended at the thought of it...idkw...but i'm not even going to read that. i just hate to be reminded of how sick people can be...i mean really...what the hell.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm not sure if women admitting to being sadistic, or women who do sadistic things and lie through their teeth to avoid jailtime are the more disgusting individuals.. but it makes my stomach roll.

I know first hand how cruel women can be.. I encountered a woman like this. At least society is taking steps toward more equal punishments for women. It's high time for it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I think they find the perceived power of the criminal in question attractive.

Fucked up, but there's something basic behind it.

T

ThatGirl

I never actually considered criminals to be attractive in that if they have a criminal record it certaintly means they are not intelligent enough to keep from getting caught.

That said I was always told I would make an excellent wife to a mob boss.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I didn't know there was a name for it.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUH3B1lPvYM"]Goldeneye[/YOUTUBE]

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I was thinking a few days ago about writing a story about a dangerous woman with a murderous soul--seems like this is related to what I had in mind. Of course, such a character wouldn't work as a heroine in ordinary society. I was really thinking more of a pirate-ess of the high seas. Haha, anyway this is interesting, I'll be reading on this... No real opinion except that, I believe it.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm glad to see that the article caught your interest, Protean. I'm also interested in what people have to say about this.

I sometimes cringe when I hear people saying that women don't have the capacity for monstrous acts. I'm wondering if the fact that these women seem to need to be connected to a violent male would enable that thought.

I have a female friend who works in a women's prison and she verifies that nearly every female in prison has a connection with a criminal male who played some part in her being sentenced.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
How is this Hybristophilia different from ASPD with an accompanying sex fetish (violence) ?

actually, some of the examples seem kind of "out there", such as that DEbra chick.... seems ASPD or psychopathic in addiction to the sexual arousal..... it just sounds like a sex fetish with violence, and that's not really all that exotic.... Freud said sex can be linked with just about any idea the human mind encouters.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I think the point of the diagnosis, Noz, is that it implies that people with this particular psychological dynamic need to be connected with another person with a similar inclination. You could also call it folie a' deux, madness of two, but that criteria doesn't necessarily imply sadism. That's what makes it so interesting to me. The various implications for legal intervention.

Afkan

I heard in a pathophysiology class that more and more evidence is being found that human brains are hardwired to equate pleasure with pain, and vice versa, also explaining the vicarious acts described above. The question is whose brain is- all human beings, or those from a similar environment/background? The above excerpt is definitely interesting, but I don't know that its shocking. Criminals are always extreme examples.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Lady X, people are sick, stupid, and evil. Get used to it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think if I would read that OP I would be so depressed that I even would quit drinking this glas of whiskey. Therefore I am gonna write my usual answer:

:cheers:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In terms of the OP, we should continue to make distinctions between "potential extremes" vs. "the bell curve."

Yes, there are those who are classified as women who can be extremely violent, but this doesn't mean that they are suddenly the rule.

Read Steven Pinker's "The Blank Slate," the chapter on "Gender," for one good discussion of sex differences like this.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Women can be insanely violent. Let me demonstrate:
Jennifer, I hate you and I'm leaving this :censored:-hole for INTP Central!
/demonstration. /Evil joke. Begin task: Not getting banned.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Bye, mortabunt. We enjoyed your stay. Now I'm afraid your limbs will be ripped off by 4 horses and shipped off to Chernobyl.
Joke, okay? Joke!

If sunburns and skin cancer can be caused by ultraviolet waves emitted by the sun, why can't the condition of Ultraviolence becaused by ultraviolent waves emitted by the sun?

Just a bit of insanity portrayed by Ne.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, surprisingly. Apparently the wrath of the almighty Jennifer is yet to descent upon your feeble body.

Fear.