• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

God, Guns and Grooming

Mole

Permabanned
The childhood victims of abuse are taught to love someone they fear.

Children are taught to love and fear God.
And two threads here are devoted to teaching the love of guns designed for one purpose.

This is known as grooming.

Mole

Permabanned

It's extraordinary to see so many acting out their childhood abuse on this site.

Just as it is extraordinary that so many here have been taught to love and fear God.

And just as extraordinary that so many have been taught to love guns which are designed for one purpose.

But why should we be surprised to see that the abused become the abusers?

redacted

It's extraordinary to see so many acting out their childhood abuse on this site.

Just as it is extraordinary that so many here have been taught to love and fear God.

And just as extraordinary that so many have been taught to love guns which are designed for one purpose.

You think people have to be abused to appreciate weaponry? You don't think it's just a trait that's been selected for throughout the bloodiness of human anthropological history?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The comparison of loving and fearing an immortal being and the loving and fearing of a man-made object.. I don't think this makes sense.

Not everyone is christian. Even taking that for granted and saying for those who are Christian, it's not against Christianity to enjoy weaponry.

The only thing these two things have in common is that it's up to you whether to feel for them or not.

Where abuse comes into this, I have no idea. I suppose because your continued narrow-minded ways feel that one cannot love weaponry without be sadistic, an abuser, or have been abused in the past. I think this is an immature way of thinking. People have more responsibility in what they say and do than you allow here.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7

How about you make an actual point for once.

Instead of talking out your ass.

Get off your high horse.

Actually shoot the horse when your done.

Cause we all know guns only have one purpose.

I live in Australia and make it sound like people actually care cause its such a magical land.

Sarcasm.

Sarcasm.

Sarcasm.

*Waits for witty rebuttal using the above typing format that makes him sound like a sociopath*

:popc1:

Mole

Permabanned
People have more responsibility in what they say and do than you allow here.

Acting out childhood abuse here is irresponsible.

It means we are not taking responsibility for ourselves.

And we are pushing our responsibility off on someone else.

It becomes tragic when we push the responsibility for our feelings off onto our children.

Because then it becomes a never ending story of abuse.

It is our responsibility to end the cycle of abuse, now.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Throwing away guns won't end child abuse. Nor will hating them.

Mole

Permabanned
Instead of talking out your ass.

You don't seem to know when you are being abusive.

I guess this is because you live in an abusive environment, and so for you abuse seems normal.

This is a tragedy.

And a tragedy we all have a responsibility to end.

Mole

Permabanned
Throwing away guns won't end child abuse. Nor will hating them.

A gun is an implied threat.

And a gun pointed at you is an explicit threat.

If a husband has a gun, it is an implied threat to the wife.

How do you think a wife feels when she gets into conflict with a husband with a gun?

How do you think children feel living in an environment where people need guns?

The fact is that children are afraid of people with guns.

And most important, no one listens to their feelings.

So their feelings must be buried under an ideology of guns.

Just look around you here. The gun ideology is repeated over and over again to cover up feelings of fear.

To make your children live in fear is simply child abuse.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
What are your thoughts on knives? Do you think that every wife with a knife is an implied threat to their children? Mayhap we should just not own knives because they're only made for one purpose and utilized for that purpose.

Oh wait. I forgot. Knives are used to prepare healthy meals for a wife's children as well. Knives are also used to, say, cut that thing that strangling a child that they got trapped in, such was my case when I was little.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Just picked up the last few lines of this thread and wanted to make a few comments. These will be about my experience with people who love guns.

I grew up in a time and place where nearly every family had them. They were a practical piece of equipment for prairie families at that time. Families were isolated and many of them raised animals which contributed to their well-being. And those animals had to be protected agains predators.

It was a matter of survival and I know that many of the farmers had a respect for and love of creatures. It was a necessity, though, to kill at times.

I have also known true sportsmen who held themselves to high moral standards and made hunting a true sport. I say "true" because the concept of sports as we experience it today seems to have little to do with the honorable ideas of the Greeks.

The guns are with us. Some of us use them in a safe and sane manner. Others of us use them for control and power.

Mole

Permabanned
Just picked up the last few lines of this thread and wanted to make a few comments. These will be about my experience with people who love guns.

I grew up in a time and place where nearly every family had them. They were a practical piece of equipment for prairie families at that time. Families were isolated and many of them raised animals which contributed to their well-being. And those animals had to be protected agains predators.

It was a matter of survival and I know that many of the farmers had a respect for and love of creatures. It was a necessity, though, to kill at times.

I have also known true sportsmen who held themselves to high moral standards and made hunting a true sport. I say "true" because the concept of sports as we experience it today seems to have little to do with the honorable ideas of the Greeks.

The guns are with us. Some of us use them in a safe and sane manner. Others of us use them for control and power.

Of course guns have their proper uses. Here, if you are a farmer or a sportsperson, you can get a gun.

But if you have no legitimate use for a gun, you can't get one.

We have no gun massacres because we have no gun culture here no gun fetish.

But most important, children here are not frightened by guns.

Children here have no need to repress their fear and cover it up with a gun ideology.

Don't you realise that your, 'right to bear arms', sounds as phoney to us as the Gulf of Tonkin Incident or the Weapons of Mass Destruction?

redacted

A gun is an implied threat.

And a gun pointed at you is an explicit threat.

If a husband has a gun, it is an implied threat to the wife.

How do you think a wife feels when she gets into conflict with a husband with a gun?

How do you think children feel living in an environment where people need guns?

The fact is that children are afraid of people with guns.

Silly.

What about knives? What about fists?

You're gonna make the argument "well, guns are only designed to hurt"... blah blah. The truth is, if the parent isn't threatening, it doesn't matter much if they have a gun or not. The problem is being a threatening person. A threatening person can use lots of things to hurt people.

As cliche as it is: guns don't kill (or hurt, or threaten) people; people kill people.

Plus, can you really say you find no beauty in power?

What about someone who has a gun but no bullets just as a piece of art?

What about using a gun to hunt animals for food?

Of course guns have their proper uses. Here, if you are a farmer or a sportsperson, you can get a gun.

But if you have no legitimate use for a gun, you can't get one.

So what's the problem with finding beauty in guns? If you don't have one, or don't use it improperly, what's the problem with liking the idea of them? Why does it have to be a cover-up for trauma?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Actually that's an interesting comparison. Both are also man-made. But God seems to me, far more complex to deal with. Guns, they can be trumped by bigger weapons and greater defenses.

P.S. I'm also thinking about God more in terms of religion. Not all Gods must be feared, worshipped, loved, etc.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1

i didn't know people were suprised to see the abused become the abusers. i thought that was a generally known and accepted fact. also the context of "fear" when you say "fear of God" is incorrect. its not a literal fear.

Mole

Permabanned
i didn't know people were suprised to see the abused become the abusers. i thought that was a generally known and accepted fact. also the context of "fear" when you say "fear of God" is incorrect. its not a literal fear.

Sure, it's not surprising at all.

And sure, it starts out as a metaphor, "fhe fear of God is the beginning of wisdom".

But as we enter the trance of ritual worship, the metaphoric starts to become the literal. So much so that the bread and wine become literally the body and blood.

And as we enter the trance of ritual worship of, "Allah Akbar", martyrdom becomes literally the way to paradise.

But it is the marriage of love and fear that defines the psychology of child abuse.

And the abusers want power and they want to be loved - sounds familiar doesn't it?