• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

misperceptions

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People assume that because I tend towards blunt honesty and prefer cooperative approaches that I'm naive and don't understand people.

People think I'm socially retarded just because I keep to myself, and they also tend to mistake me for a political conservative.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
That I am sad or that I hate them-generally something of that sort.

Not much to say about it, except that if even half of the accusations were true I would lock myself in a room and throw away the key for the greater good.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I seem more introverted, people-pleasing, and sweet, when people first meet me. I tend to let other people set the tone, so if I don't think they can handle how harsh I can be, then I back off and communicate with them on their level.

I also can be dark and cerebral, which may be obvious on the forum and with close friends, but a good deal of people I know have no idea that I can be that way. Unless they're similar to me in that regard, in which case, as I said before, I let them set the tone.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
That I won't sock them in the face if they don't stop touching me.

(Why do so many men insist on touching me to begin with!!!)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
that people thinkk i'm gonna commit a mass shooting, no seriously it happens more than once and it''s annoying its like i don't want to shoot anyone.

and that i'm gay, i could be i don't think i am :thinking:

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Most perceptions... It makes it easier to be asocial than to laboriously express every opinion and emotion.

This is why I prefer to produce under a pseudonym and network with people who seem to understand my output.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those who don't know me well think that because I'm not "warm and fuzzy", I must not care about people. I want to think the best of people, but experience has left me somewhat jaded. But that doesn't mean I don't care. I actually care more than most would imagine.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those who don't know me well think that because I'm not "warm and fuzzy", I must not care about people. I want to think the best of people, but experience has left me somewhat jaded. But that doesn't mean I don't care. I actually care more than most would imagine.

Damn you Te, damn you to hell. :dont:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
PEOPLE THINK I'M JOKING WHEN I SAY I HATE THE LATEST ROUND OF INNOVATIONS ON THE FORUM.

I'M NOT JOKING.

:angry:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as someone who doesn't tend towards mincing words and who possesses a very nice death glare, I am frequently told that nobody wants to make me angry for fear that I'll do something horrible to them at some unforeseen time in the future

really, the glare and an insult is about the most they'll get... anything else takes too much effort and me remembering them... why waste mental space on some idiot? :huh:

this does tend to work in my benefit though, since people I don't like just stay away for the most part and the especially timorous tend to just let me do as I like without challenge

I'm actually almost always in a pretty good mood :shrug:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
FUCK YOU OPAL THE COLORED USERNAMES ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

So now you are against diversity as well? I happen to like the colorful usernames, individuality and such.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So now you are against diversity as well? I happen to like the colorful usernames, individuality and such.

The trophy under your username is basically killing me right now.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The trophy under your username is basically killing me right now.

I think it looks nifty. I'd like to get a purple username if I could. Purple looks good on me.

the-joker-the-joker-28954309-1280-854.jpg

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Um what happened to my trophy?

Senza? Senza? What did you do!

And I still say blue so I can strike some home spun grit into the forum. Make people snap their fingers in a Z formation.

Ok now that is a sign that I am tired.

So I will stage a mutiny. I will be going to sleep, and I will not be waking until a sweet price comes and returns what is rightfully mine. Consider what is at stake here people.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like people who've met me while I'm puckish don't know how serious I am.
People who meet me when I'm serious don't understand how ridiculous I am.
It's difficult for me to take offense at the confusion, I like the people that are willing to stick around to get the whole story. :wubbie:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like people who've met me while I'm puckish don't know how serious I am.
People who meet me when I'm serious don't understand how ridiculous I am.
It's difficult for me to take offense at the confusion, I like the people that are willing to stick around to get the whole story. :wubbie:

Same. :yes: It's kind of frustrating though. Yesterday, a pretty new friend tried to tell me that's unnatural, like she thinks I'm two people or something. :dry: Perhaps I should be painted one color.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Same. :yes: It's kind of frustrating though. Yesterday, a pretty new friend tried to tell me that's unnatural, like she thinks I'm two people or something. :dry: Perhaps I should be painted one color.

Apparently, you can't acknowledge your own duality.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People apply values and views of me that I don't hold just because I am respectful, intelligent, and such. They impose values THEY believe being these things would entail.

Not to mention, because I have balls they put me in the "man" group even though they create all these exception how I don't fit. It's like well...even though you have broken all the stereotypical stuff you are still assigned these other things that havnt come up or that I just can't stop believing that you aren't like that because you are a man.

All I can say is, have fun with your misconceptions. Hope that take you far I life and not drop you on your ass.