3 12.50%
  • P - yes

8 33.33%
  • P - no

10 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different Kinds of Absolutisms

Well, im enfp and answered YES, but it could have been a little bit misleading. You know, I have some convictions based on my religion, but damn, I won't call myself absolutist. I do not judge persons about what they do or do not. It's their thing. At best, I can friendy advice them, if they are willing to be adviced. But I respect what they do, they probably know what's best for them, subjectively, you know. I'm not their mother to preach them.

9w8 so/sx

There's nothing I wouldn't do because a strict rule I set myself. There are plenty of things I morally object to but I need not set any rules there because I don't want to do them.

For example, I'm vegetarian by choice, if I were to decide one day that I really wanted to eat meat I'd do it, it'd prolly make me ill but the only reason I don't eat meat is because I don't want to. Life isnít black and white, I set no absolutes.

ENFP and yes in some instances
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

I think I've said before that I believe that there are certain natural laws. Break 'em and I'm goin' down. Either slowly or quickly; Either alone or draggin' others along.

It's in my nature to be flexible, experimental, playful. I am neither unable nor unwilling to make exceptions depending on circumstances. I try to inform myself of my choices and the consequences of each. And experience has been a good, if stern, teacher of that.

My life's job has been to discover the boundaries of healthy living in all life areas and to work to allign myself with what my particular limitations/possibilities are.

Simply put, to live well and grow to my potential. And to have a lot of fun in the process!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

4, 7

Depends on the situation. To say no to absolutism is absolutist in itself.

My Absolutism: To walk away from situations/people who bring me down, not up (disrespect, abuse, etc). My sanity and identity mean much more to me than to try and sit there and "fix" a problem with people who blatantly don't give a damn. If someone disrespects me, I don't give them the time of day. But if it's because they've been hurt and they're not directly taking it out on me, then I can somewhat understand (to a certain point).

Another one: To stay true to myself, no matter what.