User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    There's actually a children's picure book of scenes created entirely out of vegetables.

What does kohlrabi reminds you of? It's always looked vaguely sci-fi to me.

This one reminds me of Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It reminds me of a vegetable. Damn my imagination sucks.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    If you look at Mona Lisa, both sensor and intuitor tell you it is beautiful.
    That's definitely not true. I wouldn't tell you it is beautiful.

For INFPs, Si is the tertiary function, which gets developed usually sometime in a person's teenage years. If you're beyond being a teenager, then chances are you're developing it, and you enjoy using it.
    I think those are big assumptions to make about people's internal workings. I don't agree with this set-in-stone "function order" for people of a certain type.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    It reminds me of a vegetable. Damn my imagination sucks.

See it now?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

its just a difference in communication styles mainly. intuitve = abstract. sensor = concrete
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

This one reminds me of Salvador Dali

Haha! Yes, I'm imaginging Dali putting some sort of wax in his hair to make it stick up straight like that.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

No, the original poster said that. And I'm saying that Sensing does actually mean equating fog with Monet paintings, since you have to use your senses to see and remember both the fog and the Monet painting. No intuition. Intuition is abstract and non-concrete.

I wouldn't put it past someone who prefers Thinking and who likes art to say the same thing. It's the sort of activity that anyone who is tuned in to noticing natural beauty and appreciating art could do. Obviously the dad in the OP was just a boring, dull, non-artistic person who has zero appreciation for beauty -- and that does NOT --repeat NOT-- equal having a preference for Sensing!
    Listen Sarah, I think you are reading too much into my original post, and I think the only bashing being done here is by you. I never said I was right, and never said most of the things you are implying that I said. I was asking not affirming. You are coming to way too many conclusions about me and the way I think, from just a post's worth of material.

If you feel like I was bashing your type, know that it was not my intention, but I really think you are just makinkg things up that weren't even in my post. Actually think my post even said that I didn't think any type was better than the other.

You know, my father is not a dull person at all, just different, and that was all that I intended to demonstrate by my post. He is one of my best friends actually. Of course, you can't know that by my one post, nor can you know much else about me.

Oh yes, one more thing.

I seriously think you have issues.

There! Now I judged you just as blindly as you judged me!

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Oh yeah, Sarah, if you think this is what I'm saying:

"I really can't stomach anyone who believes that IN ORDER TO APPRECIATE ART, YOU HAVE TO PREFER INTUITION. It's offensive and untrue. Anyone can appreciate art, and noticing "Monet-ness" in the world around you does not equal having a preference for intuition."

Then you are very wrong.

[edited by proteanmix]
    Last edited by Travo7; 12-21-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: removed insults

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Travo7 View Post
    Oh yeah, Sarah, if you think this is what I'm saying:

"I really can't stomach anyone who believes that IN ORDER TO APPRECIATE ART, YOU HAVE TO PREFER INTUITION. It's offensive and untrue. Anyone can appreciate art, and noticing "Monet-ness" in the world around you does not equal having a preference for intuition."

[edited by proteanmix]:
    Hey man, instead of taking all of that personally.. how about listening and making something positive from it?

I think her reaction was strong, but it was building for a while. There are all kinds of implied insults to S types by attributing everything that's creative and interesting to the N. Even if it wasn't what you were saying, at least acknowledge it and move on.

I don't think the N vs. S thing has much to do with appreciating art. I actually think Fi and Fe play a big part in the whole picture but it's difficult to articulate.

Art, music, dance.. all those forms of expression are meant to invoke some kind of feeling - which I believe aids in the ability to appreciate something as art.
    Last edited by proteanmix; 12-21-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: removed quoted insult
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

yea, kestrel's right. I don't think that Sarah's post was meant to be offensive.