User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 86

  1. #71
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Would it be too much if I ask "Why?"
    Because.

  2. #72
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Because.
    No you have to say: "It wouldnt be too much, if you pay me for answering !"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #73
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    I often feel resentment toward a particular person and have wanted to let it go.. because I really just don't feel that I should feel resentment or other negative emotions.

    My feeler friend said that that resentment is probably what's protecting me from allowing this person into my life getting hurt by them again. There's a lot of merit to that.

    I'm actually kind of fortunate and even glad for my resentment and have come to terms with it, now that I understand its purpose..

    Whatever triggers an emotion is something that needs to be recognized as another fact in analyzing a given situation, another variable that sheds light on the whole picture.. but the reason why the trigger exists is often difficult to pinpoint, for me at least.

  4. #74
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Nicely said !

    You share your emotions flamboyantly directed by a rational note and I do understand as does probably 99% of the population right now. See thats what I cannot, share my emotions I mean.

    Maybe we should combine forces, I am the sensitive and overbearing one and you explain the situation to the people In the end you know alot of shit, noone needs to know and I get closer to the ability to pinpoint out the things that bug me or to at least to recognize them.

    What do you say ? All-in ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Short answer to the main question in the to long OP:

    Yes!
    +1

  6. #76
    Member *Strictly_The_Facts*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Answer to the main question is no.

    The necessity of emotions, to live as humanity defines it's existence, is definitely required. The issue is the amount, the levels which these very emotions rise or drop. The majority of the autrocities committed in our society, as well as throughout history, have been driven by emotions, not logic. Many murders, thefts, assaults, lies, depression, inability to break habits, (I could go on forever) are results of unneccassary drops or elevations of emotions. If these levels had some sort of controlling mechanism, or at least short range lengths, then many of the above mentioned incidents would tremendously drop in number.
    If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. -Carl Gustav Jung *I-74* *N-53* *T-95* *J-89*

  7. #77
    S Saiyan God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    a) It creates a bond between people which allows society to exist at all
    b) It allows for empathy which makes people care about one another, hence again ensuring that society will take care of the people that are part of it
    c) Ever seen the matrix? The robots have a 'society' without emotions and work together only for a common goal. And many are sacrificed in the process. Not to mention that they have no ethical filter on their cold logic.
    No disrespect, but this sounds pathetic... and, not to mention - boring.

    ... there are some emotions that lead people to do silly things, as well as there are some emotions that lead us to war and conflict. There isn't a straight forward explanation as to what emotions are for (or how much they affect our lives).

    Most people would agree not to 'understand' what such and such emotions are about any way, given the real life circumstances.

    Our societies are normally governed by the law (and the upper hierarchy, which is the business economy)... sure, we never realize how far liberty has brought us, but here we are.

  8. #78
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    This topic is moot. As long as we have a nervous system, we'll have emotions. Deal with them.
    INFJ
    4w5

  9. #79
    Member *Strictly_The_Facts*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    As long as we have a nervous system, we'll have emotions.
    This has nothing to do with the topic...
    If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. -Carl Gustav Jung *I-74* *N-53* *T-95* *J-89*

  10. #80
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    My question is: Do we need so much emotions in life?

    The problem is not that there are emotions the problem is how much emotions there are.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrME
    As long as we have a nervous system, we'll have emotions. Deal with them.
    Seems pretty relevant to me... we have them, we have many of them, whether they are useful or not is irrelevant. Welcome to the human condition.

    Of course, they are useful for survival, so, yeah, useful.
    INFJ
    4w5

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Do we have any animal doctors in the house? pro help needed.
    By Betty Blue in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
  3. [NF] Do we care too much about humanity??
    By chipy100 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 05:33 PM
  4. [JCF] why do infjs care so much about people/relationships/interactions
    By peppermint13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM
  5. How Do You Post So Much?
    By Crabapple in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO