User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 86

  1. #61
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Well, are you mixing up a potion, or constructing subliminal messages for the media to use, or how will you go about this?

  2. #62
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,665

    Default

    Yes, I am mixing a lot of everything since I am searching for solution in the situation where something what people could see as good solution technically is quite unlikely.


    What I am saying is that this is a problem of much bigger magnitude then some other problems. The thing is that you can't push this kinds of things through media all the time without creating a mass panic. Plus a lot of peopel are all ready on edge so this could easily be something that will push them over edge.


    The reason why I have started this thread is because I am intereted in thoughts of others about this kinds of things.
    Since my actual position in this kinds of things (big picture) is extremly dark I am showing my argument in much lighter form.
    Because I know that if I say what I trully think people will not be that much interested.
    This is why my posts in this thread are so random.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Pancreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    1. Neither do I, I have even created a thread about this kinds of things.
    This is probably because we are both stabile Ts. For me is not sensory, just something that has to be done.
    Oh no. I lerv food. I don’t overeat by any means, but I enjoy it. A lot. But again, it’s a sensory thing. I like the taste, the textures. The idea of getting attached to food, emotionally, is just ridiculous to me. That having been said, I can see the possibility for people getting attached to the idea of food. In some way. Maybe. It’s not something that I can relate to, though, so I have no real idea.

    But this sort of relates to the point you made about Western culture and the short-sightedness of Western societies.

    People may go out and buy something, not because they need it, but because they want to. These decisions are certainly not based on any sort of long-term logic, which is what is required (Is this what you mean by a ‘shift towards T and N’?).

    Anyway, now that I understand (I think) where you’re coming from, I’d have to say I pretty much agree with you.

    Currently a lot of decisions are made with seemingly little regard for the future. I’d say a lot of these decisions are based on perfectly acceptable logic (and/or emotions, etc.) but the main issue is the lifespan of these decisions. The decisions are often only logical in the short-term. Someone's hungry and there’s a fast food joint right around the corner which happens to sell a meal cheaper than what they'd get if they drove to the supermarket and bought healthier food. So the person goes and buys some sort of deep-fried lard in a wrap with extra cheese, and short term, they’ve solved their problem. In the long term, they’ve created another one.

    I see a lot of politics in this light. There are a lot of short-term decisions made because that’s all that counts in the life of politics. If an elected official tries to implement a long term plan that doesn’t produce the desired results as quickly as a short term fix, they’ll get voted out.

    So we need a shift towards long term or sustainable decisions. Is this what you’re getting towards?

  4. #64
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pancreas View Post
    Oh no. I lerv food. I don’t overeat by any means, but I enjoy it. A lot. But again, it’s a sensory thing. I like the taste, the textures. The idea of getting attached to food, emotionally, is just ridiculous to me. That having been said, I can see the possibility for people getting attached to the idea of food. In some way. Maybe. It’s not something that I can relate to, though, so I have no real idea.

    But this sort of relates to the point you made about Western culture and the short-sightedness of Western societies.

    People may go out and buy something, not because they need it, but because they want to. These decisions are certainly not based on any sort of long-term logic, which is what is required (Is this what you mean by a ‘shift towards T and N’?).

    Anyway, now that I understand (I think) where you’re coming from, I’d have to say I pretty much agree with you.

    Currently a lot of decisions are made with seemingly little regard for the future. I’d say a lot of these decisions are based on perfectly acceptable logic (and/or emotions, etc.) but the main issue is the lifespan of these decisions. The decisions are often only logical in the short-term. Someone's hungry and there’s a fast food joint right around the corner which happens to sell a meal cheaper than what they'd get if they drove to the supermarket and bought healthier food. So the person goes and buys some sort of deep-fried lard in a wrap with extra cheese, and short term, they’ve solved their problem. In the long term, they’ve created another one.

    I see a lot of politics in this light. There are a lot of short-term decisions made because that’s all that counts in the life of politics. If an elected official tries to implement a long term plan that doesn’t produce the desired results as quickly as a short term fix, they’ll get voted out.

    So we need a shift towards long term or sustainable decisions. Is this what you’re getting towards?

    This is exactly what I mean. I think we will need to set up entire society in a more rational way. But if you do that you have moved the balance on the spectrum. If you do that the entertainment could change which could drive that process few steps further. So in the end you should see the difference.
    Which will probably not be astronomical but still it will be observable.
    To tell you the truth I think that people will not do it willingly. Instead they will be forced by environment.

    I have personally seen F shifting toward the T in a time of crisis and bad times. This will be no different, just more massive in number.

    But the thing is that tech level is growing and as it grows you will need more and more T in your life.
    So it is questionable if things will ever get back to "normal".
    Because of this you could end up with a society where people that are clearly F are quite rare.

    My argument was never purely theoretical even if it look like it is.
    Instead, it is quite practical question if you ask me.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Only people don't just live their lives to improve the standards of future generations. There has to be a balance between present and future.

    Long-term perfection means very little if you don't live a happy life in the meantime. Obviously, short-term problem-solving isn't the answer either. Much like everything else in life, balance is needed.


    I think this problem goes beyond T vs F, into the realm of J vs P.

  6. #66
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I think this problem goes beyond T vs F, into the realm of J vs P.
    That is probably true but I am trying to aviod "Everybody should be more like me."arguments.

  7. #67
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Only people don't just live their lives to improve the standards of future generations. There has to be a balance between present and future.

    Long-term perfection means very little if you don't live a happy life in the meantime. Obviously, short-term problem-solving isn't the answer either. Much like everything else in life, balance is needed.

    I think this problem goes beyond T vs F, into the realm of J vs P.
    As a pretty strong J, I'm slowly beginning to discover this truth about long-term perfection.

  8. #68
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I think emotions account for a lot of good aswell as bad things. But so does thinking in the long run.

    I see emotions more like a plane of existence you can adventure in and get them to know. The good thing is emotions give you the direct link to your bodys inner way of making you happy or sad. I think without them, life would only be half complete.

    Its like that rainy day, when you sit in your chair, in your wooden house at the canyon, let the world be the world and your beloved one brings you a scotch and sits down on your hip. That's perfection.

    And besides that, emotions are a mighty tool to relay intuitively conceived ideas. Thats never to be underestimated. As in for example all the great books I read when I was in puberty
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #69
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Short answer to the main question in the to long OP:

    Yes!

  10. #70
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Short answer to the main question in the to long OP:

    Yes!
    Would it be too much if I ask "Why?"

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Why Do NFs Apologize So Much?
    By Totenkindly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Do we have any animal doctors in the house? pro help needed.
    By Betty Blue in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
  3. [NF] Do we care too much about humanity??
    By chipy100 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 05:33 PM
  4. [JCF] why do infjs care so much about people/relationships/interactions
    By peppermint13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:47 AM
  5. How Do You Post So Much?
    By Crabapple in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO