• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Polyphasic Sleep

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Polyphasic sleep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, regular napping instead of 8 hours straight?
Has anyone tried this?
Do you think there could be any psychological effects?
Can it change your type? :D

I find this to be extremely interesting, and wouldn't mind trying it.
What are you guys' thoughts?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I've personally found that split-shift sleeping is not a viable long -term option for me. I need to regularly get at least six hours of sleep. And I've found that with four to six hours sleep and split-shift sleeping I actually end up needing more to feel as rested as if I just got seven to nine strait through. On that note: I have a good friend (I think probably an ENTJ) who seems to have no trouble getting two hours of sleep her, an hour there, half an hour over there, four hours whenever. It doesn't seem to cause her any trouble. I don't know, it may have to do with our introverted vs. extroverted personalities but I suspect it's more to do with our body makeups.
I suppose it could change personality in that if it were bad for you you could begin to behave in your shadow rather than your true personality. at least that seems to me what would happen.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't know, it may have to do with our introverted vs. extroverted personalities but I suspect it's more to do with our body makeups.
I suppose it could change personality in that if it were bad for you you could begin to behave in your shadow rather than your true personality. at least that seems to me what would happen.

I'm sure it could be related to type! When I first took the test, it mentioned things about muscle tension being prevelent in ENFPs. Not only did this fit my (bad) TMJ, but I regularly find myself really tense when faced with a lot of things to take in

I went through a nap phase for a while, and I found it REALLY helped me in times where I wasn't getting enough sleep; a 45min or hour long nap around 3 o'clock could get me through to the end of the day, even if I only got 3-5 hours the night before

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Haha those piecharts are so cool. Check out the Uberman. But I can never have a regular sleep schedule. I just wake and collapse when I do. Some nights I get 3 hours, some I get 10, depending if I have to wake for school or work.

Some bloggers believe that it takes roughly one week to convert to a polyphasic sleep cycle. During the first few days, they claim, the body will experience controlled sleep deprivation and can be expected to enter REM and NREM sleep stages more quickly during each nap. After the first week, some bloggers mention vivid dreams occurring during each nap and a refreshed feeling of awareness shortly after each nap.

I think I'm just constantly sleep deprived =\ I definitely have a lot of naps or moments before falling asleep that last 15-20 minutes in which I have very vivid dreaming. Sometimes I do feel very refreshed so I dunno.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm sure it could be related to type! When I first took the test, it mentioned things about muscle tension being prevelent in ENFPs. Not only did this fit my (bad) TMJ, but I regularly find myself really tense when faced with a lot of things to take in

I went through a nap phase for a while, and I found it REALLY helped me in times where I wasn't getting enough sleep; a 45min or hour long nap around 3 o'clock could get me through to the end of the day, even if I only got 3-5 hours the night before

I recall reading about 2-3 o'clock being the low point in the day for a lot of people's bio-clock. I've noticed myself, friends, and family who all tend to nap around that time in the afternoon.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I could use a nap right about now.:zzz::zzz::zzz: