User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you currently taking psychiatric medication?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm extroverted, and yes.

5 5.88%
  • I'm extroverted, and no.

18 21.18%
  • I'm introverted, and yes.

12 14.12%
  • I'm introverted, and no.

37 43.53%
  • NF, and yes.

12 14.12%
  • NF, an no.

24 28.24%
  • NT, and yes.

10 11.76%
  • NT, and no.

29 34.12%
  • SJ, and yes.

0 0%
  • SJ, and no.

2 2.35%
  • SP, and yes.

0 0%
  • SP and no.

6 7.06%
  • J and yes.

6 7.06%
  • J and no.

18 21.18%
  • P and yes.

10 11.76%
  • P and no.

32 37.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 345

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    (I think I catch stuff out of the corner of my eye, or hear whispers but never actually see anything or hear anything distinct so I was told it's not classified as actual psychosis.
    Uh-oh. I have the same thing. Should I be worried?

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

and I don't smoke. And I have adhd but after taking Stratera a couple years back and suddenly finding myself with a clear mind and a distinct and deep desire to kill myself and a sense of reality that was quickly becoming distorted everyone involved decided that it was best if I was just late to class.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Uh-oh. I have the same thing. Should I be worried?
    *shrugs* I don't know. If it doesn't bother you I would say don't be worried. It makes me fidgety and jumpy though and tends to increase my natural paranoia. Perhaps I'd feel better if I knew for sure whether or not it was my brain chemistry if it was more...real.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    *shrugs* I don't know. If it doesn't bother you I would say don't be worried. It makes me fidgety and jumpy though and tends to increase my natural paranoia. Perhaps I'd feel better if I knew for sure whether or not it was my brain chemistry if it was more...real.
    Hmm... good question. No it doesn't really bother me but I do have a general sense of paranoia. For example I can't go clothes shopping by myself because I think the store workers are critiquing my shopping skills behind my back, and I'm wary of security cameras.

Oh well, doesn't really impact day to day life so much but I'm so terrified of being prescribed some brain chemistry altering drugs I'd never see a therapist or doctor, ever.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hmm... good question. No it doesn't really bother me but I do have a general sense of paranoia. For example I can't go clothes shopping by myself because I think the store workers are critiquing my shopping skills behind my back, and I'm wary of security cameras.

Oh well, doesn't really impact day to day life so much but I'm so terrified of being prescribed some brain chemistry altering drugs I'd never see a therapist or doctor, ever.
    Well, as long as it doesn't interfere with your life (but, then, wouldn't it be nice to be able to go shopping without worrying about cameras and eavesdropping floor workers?) then it's not that big of a deal.

Just remember, therapists and doctors (for the most part, of course I can't say with certainty that the whole of them are any one way, there are always bad apples) won't look at you to simply drug you up and send you away. They don't want to numb you or turn you into someone else or undo what makes you you. They want to help you function your best. I went to therapy and got dbt (dialect behavior therapy) and also a bit of the thought stuff (which I can't remember the name for, I just remember the T telling me I had ANTs on my brain, automatic negative thoughts, and we could do something about that). The meds came after the therapy though and I had a choice of what and how much and I only need the edge taken off and I'm fine.
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt