• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of us take psychiatric medication?

Are you currently taking psychiatric medication?

• I'm extroverted, and yes.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I'm extroverted, and no.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I'm introverted, and yes.

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • I'm introverted, and no.

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • NF, and yes.

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • NF, an no.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • NT, and yes.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • NT, and no.

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • SJ, and yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SJ, and no.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • SP, and yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SP and no.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • J and yes.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • J and no.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • P and yes.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • P and no.

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
and I don't smoke. And I have adhd but after taking Stratera a couple years back and suddenly finding myself with a clear mind and a distinct and deep desire to kill myself and a sense of reality that was quickly becoming distorted everyone involved decided that it was best if I was just late to class.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Uh-oh. I have the same thing. Should I be worried?

*shrugs* I don't know. If it doesn't bother you I would say don't be worried. It makes me fidgety and jumpy though and tends to increase my natural paranoia. Perhaps I'd feel better if I knew for sure whether or not it was my brain chemistry if it was more...real.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
*shrugs* I don't know. If it doesn't bother you I would say don't be worried. It makes me fidgety and jumpy though and tends to increase my natural paranoia. Perhaps I'd feel better if I knew for sure whether or not it was my brain chemistry if it was more...real.

Hmm... good question. No it doesn't really bother me but I do have a general sense of paranoia. For example I can't go clothes shopping by myself because I think the store workers are critiquing my shopping skills behind my back, and I'm wary of security cameras.

Oh well, doesn't really impact day to day life so much but I'm so terrified of being prescribed some brain chemistry altering drugs I'd never see a therapist or doctor, ever.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm... good question. No it doesn't really bother me but I do have a general sense of paranoia. For example I can't go clothes shopping by myself because I think the store workers are critiquing my shopping skills behind my back, and I'm wary of security cameras.

Oh well, doesn't really impact day to day life so much but I'm so terrified of being prescribed some brain chemistry altering drugs I'd never see a therapist or doctor, ever.

Well, as long as it doesn't interfere with your life (but, then, wouldn't it be nice to be able to go shopping without worrying about cameras and eavesdropping floor workers?) then it's not that big of a deal.

Just remember, therapists and doctors (for the most part, of course I can't say with certainty that the whole of them are any one way, there are always bad apples) won't look at you to simply drug you up and send you away. They don't want to numb you or turn you into someone else or undo what makes you you. They want to help you function your best. I went to therapy and got dbt (dialect behavior therapy) and also a bit of the thought stuff (which I can't remember the name for, I just remember the T telling me I had ANTs on my brain, automatic negative thoughts, and we could do something about that). The meds came after the therapy though and I had a choice of what and how much and I only need the edge taken off and I'm fine.