• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alpha - Delta

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yo, I started to read into the Socionics things and I have to say that I am impressed, because they seem to be more in tune with my perception of things.

I read into typology in the first place, to find out more deeply about things I already encountered briefly. I think it is wrong to start to justify ones habits or traits through function use and I am convinced that neither MBTI nor socionics suffices to grasp a human soul.

There was that Borderline book I read, when I needed to go to the toilet and had nothing to read :D. I read two or three pages and I found a reference to typology. It said that typology differentiates between the temperament you have from birth and the character you develop throughout life.

That was a good thing and keeping these points in mind, I started digging into Socionics and found some intresting things concerning the categorization of temperaments.

Socionics talks about the Quadras, that is Alpha,Beta,Gamma,Delta. They call them in general, "Researchers" (Alpha), "Socials" (Beta), "Pragmatists" (Gamma), "Humanitarians" (Delta).

The intresting thing is, they are not sorted after a "N/S"-preference within type or a "J/P" preference. Socionics furthermore has the attitude to give all J types a leading rational function. That basically only changes things for IJ types: an INTJ for example has not "Ni + Te" but "Ti + Ne".

If you basically agree to the concept that a Thinker is a Thinker and there is no huge difference, in which direction thinking works best, this makes sense.

Furthermore Socionics concentrates on giving a holistic view of a person. That means every personality is constructed of 8 functions.

MBTI seems to be Socionics but made more easily for the general non-psychic to grasp :D.

--------

The thing is and that I find very intresting. It puts different types with similiar behaviour in the Quadras. In the Alpha Quadra for example you'll find the ENTP, ISFP, ESFJ and INTJ and even if that looks odd in the first place, I start to grasp the connection drawn here between the types.

The INTJ for example gets in Socionics as leading function Ti and as second, namely creative function Ne. That is called the Ego block, the two strongest functions.

The next block is the Super-Ego block. Something like the Über-Ich by Freud. That block you use also but you wont defend it, if you meet someone who is better at it. So it's played from a more adult point of view.

The functions within it, themselves are called the third, namely role function. That would be Te for the INTJ. According to Socionics one can switch between leading and role function in life, but not deliberately. If a type lives to long in his role function and negates his leading function he can become unhealthy.

I came to understand that, to give an example from my life, there was a time, when I myself watched other peoples behaviour aswell as mine closely. I noticed details and tried to copy them. There was a friend I had this time, who was a bit artistically inclined, however I was not. I tried to mimick his behaviour and started wearing artistic clothes, like HipHop stuff or other bright colours, which did not fit me anyhow.

I came to understand this process as a switch from Ne to the role function Se. Because in that time I lost the ability to draw the necessary interconncetions how I do may be perceived by others or what was going on in my life at this time. According to socionics I see that to be a blockade of my leading function and if I havent quit the drugs by that time, I would be probably ended up as a bad performer on stage, who reacts to his audience laughing, but does not understand why they laugh :D.

The fourth function according to Socionics is the PoLR. That's called Point of least Resistence. That would be Ni for the INTJ or Fi for the ENTP.

If you take DaVinci for example, one of the greatest INTJ's from my PoV (well I didnt know him personally though), who got laughed at by the Florentiner in Italy, because of his weird inventions, I would understand to see the weak spot there for him to stick up to his ideas. (He eventually left Italy because he thought the people sucked, didnt he ?).

----------

Well long text, less said. Just wanted to present you the model of the Socionics Quadras and encourage you to take a look at it.

I have my own understanding of the world and no typology test will change that. Socionics and MBTI only give ideas to understand things you already know more clearly and draw new connections from that standpoint. Connections you have to prove or live through.

Here is the link:

Quadra - Wikisocion

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will say, while I tested INTP with the mbti test, I tested INTj with socionics. Makes me wonder if the functional order of things does match between MBTI and socionics (making me a Ti+Ne type, in any system)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know what it is with those tests. When I am drunk I manage to test as INFJ :D.

They are all subliminal chinese messaging crap. The best thing is to come to understand the things for yourself and asses yourself through your own abilities. But I know that is at the same time the hardest part, especially then when you do not want to come to closure, because you think you have missed a point and you alone will never be able to understand this right.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
once again im going to push the same goddamn book, sorry lol... The Edge Effect by Dr. Eric Braverman mentions different brain waves being put off by certain temperaments... ill have to read into it a little bit, and i prolly should have before i posted

now that im reading through the first post my post is almost completely irrelevant

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
According to Socionics I even thought about being an INTJ. Wouldnt make a lot of a difference.

The only thing is I know my weak spot, namely that Fi crap. While the weak spot of the INTJ would be a discouragement in his Ni, namely following through his ideas or at least stand up for them.

I dont have that problem, take for example this thread here: regardless of the answers, I do believe in it and I will continue my research and not because I think I am soooo right, no because I think its intresting. I guess an INTJ would need a more profound basis of knowing what he does is right in some sense and therefore applicable.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
once again im going to push the same goddamn book, sorry lol... The Edge Effect by Dr. Eric Braverman mentions different brain waves being put off by certain temperaments... ill have to read into it a little bit, and i prolly should have before i posted

now that im reading through the first post my post is almost completely irrelevant
Yeah, do that. I'd like to hear some jist/excerpt business. :D

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, do that. I'd like to hear some jist/excerpt business. :D
i should just post the whole freaking book on here considering i cite it so much.

ill do a post on brain waves after the semester is over