• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do you cry?

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Crying for me is usually caused by my own self-pity.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I cry to let the emotions surface. Sometimes like champagne bubbles of happiness. Other times like the bloated corpses of submerged hurts.

sade

I cry when I feel hurt or sad to the point that it can't be bottled down.
I was surprised when I cried after I was told my grandpa had passed away. It didn't really affect me nor did my face change, yet the tears came. It's one of those things that isn't under my conscious control. Or maybe I block the emotion from my mind.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I came close to crying yesterday because something bad happened unexpectedly. I made a facebook page a week or two ago and I've been looking at the "suggested friends" bar just to make sure there arn't friends I've overlooked that I should add. In february (it was actually two months ago today...) a friend of my from school died in a car accident. It was really tragic and sad, obviously, it was really hard for me and everyone at school. I came to terms with it though and made peace with it after a couple of difficult weeks. Yesterday I was looking at the suggested friends tab and his name came up saying "You and Kevin both go to _____ school, would you like to be friends?" and my hand jerked over to add him as a friend. Then it hit me hard and very suddenly that he'd never be able to confirm it, and all the emotions I felt at his funeral came flooding back. Not fun... what got me about it was that it was very sudden and unexpected, I was not prepared for it. If I think about Kevin on my own accord I still have peace with it, but when it was thrown in out of nowhere it caught me off gaurd.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Built up feelings over the years and then some form of stressor will set it off. Don't cry much, but when I do it's typically a good one.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Never cried during sex- though I've laughed during it plenty of times :devil:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with laughing during sex. With a few notable exceptions.

So anyway, I cry when someone dies - though it's not like I'm a weepy mess for days. But even if it's a death you knew was coming, there's release in letting it out. Because, honestly, there's nothing else you can do - it's not like you can put together a plan and fix it.

I cried when my position was eliminated (budget constraints) at my previous workplace. I didn't want to cry, and it didn't last long - but I was just too frustrated, irritated and apprehensive not to react in some manner. It was either that or hit someone.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Fury. Unfortunately, people who are around to see it generally mistake it for something else, but it happens so infrequently that I guess it doesn't matter how it's seen.

PMS combined with other complicating factors. PMS alone just makes me me more of a hermit, but if I'm faced with multiple other stresses simultaneously e.g., exams, offspring drama, and other deadlines, I may take a five minute blubbering break. It's a cathartic thing; an emesis of the psyche. Fortunately, it happens even less frequently than fury tears.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Grief, and only when there's no one around.

My life is generally future-oriented, so when I realise that something is impossible (e.g. going to see a musical with my friend who passed away last year) I find it hard to deal with.

I've only ever cried at work once. It had nothing to do with work, and everything to do with the loss of hope at ever having a relationship with my father.

When I cry, it's usually an overwhelming wave of physiology that hits, all at once. I can't even stop it, I have to go some place private, breathe, and try to think about other things.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Fury. Unfortunately, people who are around to see it generally mistake it for something else, but it happens so infrequently that I guess it doesn't matter how it's seen.

+1
Fury and rage. It's very rare but it happens.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The last time I cried was because I was flustered and frustrated at work. It can be a pressure cooker at times, and people snap. I guess it was my turn that day...plus I was coming down with tonsillitis at the time too. I always seem to cry just before I get sick. Other than that I hadn't cried for a long time before that. In fact I can't remember the last time before that.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't cry anymore, I just think and process all negative emotions and information, without excluding the emotions. If I ever do cry again, it'll be because of something really really really negative.

Last time I did cry was due to self-pity. And I'm making it a habit of making sure that doesn't happen again. :yes:

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Because of a huge emotional burst, when everything comes to the surface.
Last time I cried was because of a documentary where ducks were being tortured.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Because of a huge emotional burst, when everything comes to the surface.
Last time I cried was because of a documentary where ducks were being tortured.

who the hell would torture a duck???

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
who the hell would torture a duck???

Probably a documentary about how they make foie gras. They basically force feed the geese until their livers develop fatty deposits. Tasty misery.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Probably a documentary about how they make foie gras. They basically force feed the geese until their livers develop fatty deposits. Tasty misery.

that's horrible!! i had no idea they did that...

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
1) When I'm angry. I don't get angry often, it's usually when I truly have a conviction about something that everyone else opposes.

2) When I'm sad. When I love someone/some idea and it goes to waste, and I am unable to do a damn thing about it.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I wish I had never clicked on that link.