User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Why do you cry?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I cry when i can no longer suppress my anger or frustration.

I cry at films .. sad ones because i want to fix their problems .. and romantic films .. because i want the fairy tale, where i will be loved forever and belong
    (Don't watch P.S. i love you without a big box of tissues, i sobbed so many times during that film)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    that's horrible!! i had no idea they did that...
    Yes, they say that if you like pt you should never meet the goose.

But then again they say the same thing about poetry and poets.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, they say that if you like pt you should never meet the goose.

But then again they say the same thing about poetry and poets.
    I'm a vegan, and poetry is not my favorite medium - so potentially, I could walk around in blissful ignorance? Please say yes...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I hate crying. It's like a horrible show of weakness, that I let part of my vulnerabilities slip. Generally, I will try to withhold any acts of crying, which I'm told is unhealthy

I'm not so bad now I guess. Sometimes I feel like I need to cry because it feels like a blocked emotion somehow, and releasing it makes it feel less stuffy. But that's only with 'bad' crying. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with emotions too, and that can set off 'good' crying, which isn't bad.. As long as it's private.

I always get a headache when I cry.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm a vegan, and poetry is not my favorite medium - so potentially, I could walk around in blissful ignorance? Please say yes...
    How could I resist?

I think the only time I all out cried as an adult was when I was going through a divorce. For some reason crying felt so good. Before this you could say I was emotionally handicapped. I viewed any emotion as a sign of weakness and something that should be eradicated. During the divorce though there was no escaping the sadness and it was quite freeing to give myself over to it. Other things can make me teary eyed but not necessarily really cry. Touching stories about people overcoming huge adversity will sometimes remind my tear ducts of their existence.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I always get a headache when I cry.
    +1

That and feeling as though I've been kicked down a flight of stairs.

MBTI
    I

Haha I saw the topic from the Main Typology Index, without looking at the author, and guessed that it was a thread made by Antisocial one, and sure enough it was.

Anyway, to answer the question, I don't really cry, that's just not me. Unfortunately however, I do get very angry and irritated sometimes when things don't go my way and in rare occasions I'll lose it. It's not a good feeling.

MBTI
    INFP

I wish I knew. I can be sitting next to my friend watching a moving film with her crying her eyes out and not cry, and I can also be washing the dishes and start feeling tears in my eyes (and not from dish detergent), so if only I knew... but I generally attribute it to sensitivity, empathy, and a wandering mind (which explains why I might feeling like crying at any point of the day, as well as why I can avoid crying in situations where others might, because I let my mind wander away from it). If my mind strikes some kind of strong sincere emotion or sentiment, positive or negative, sometimes it seems to be absorbed into my physiological reactions and somehow triggers my tear glands.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I cry when I'm really emotionally stressed. It takes a loooong time for it to build up to that point, though.

I also cry when I'm happy. Like, a lot. When I feel really loved, or have intense warm fuzzies. It can be kind of embarrassing.