User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Why do you cry?

I will resurrect this one.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Crying for me is usually caused by my own self-pity.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ENTP

I cry to let the emotions surface. Sometimes like champagne bubbles of happiness. Other times like the bloated corpses of submerged hurts.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

I cry when I feel hurt or sad to the point that it can't be bottled down.
    I was surprised when I cried after I was told my grandpa had passed away. It didn't really affect me nor did my face change, yet the tears came. It's one of those things that isn't under my conscious control. Or maybe I block the emotion from my mind.

MBTI
    infp

I came close to crying yesterday because something bad happened unexpectedly. I made a facebook page a week or two ago and I've been looking at the "suggested friends" bar just to make sure there arn't friends I've overlooked that I should add. In february (it was actually two months ago today...) a friend of my from school died in a car accident. It was really tragic and sad, obviously, it was really hard for me and everyone at school. I came to terms with it though and made peace with it after a couple of difficult weeks. Yesterday I was looking at the suggested friends tab and his name came up saying "You and Kevin both go to _____ school, would you like to be friends?" and my hand jerked over to add him as a friend. Then it hit me hard and very suddenly that he'd never be able to confirm it, and all the emotions I felt at his funeral came flooding back. Not fun... what got me about it was that it was very sudden and unexpected, I was not prepared for it. If I think about Kevin on my own accord I still have peace with it, but when it was thrown in out of nowhere it caught me off gaurd.

MBTI
    ISTx

Built up feelings over the years and then some form of stressor will set it off. Don't cry much, but when I do it's typically a good one.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Never cried during sex- though I've laughed during it plenty of times
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with laughing during sex. With a few notable exceptions.

So anyway, I cry when someone dies - though it's not like I'm a weepy mess for days. But even if it's a death you knew was coming, there's release in letting it out. Because, honestly, there's nothing else you can do - it's not like you can put together a plan and fix it.

I cried when my position was eliminated (budget constraints) at my previous workplace. I didn't want to cry, and it didn't last long - but I was just too frustrated, irritated and apprehensive not to react in some manner. It was either that or hit someone.

Banned

Fury. Unfortunately, people who are around to see it generally mistake it for something else, but it happens so infrequently that I guess it doesn't matter how it's seen.

PMS combined with other complicating factors. PMS alone just makes me me more of a hermit, but if I'm faced with multiple other stresses simultaneously e.g., exams, offspring drama, and other deadlines, I may take a five minute blubbering break. It's a cathartic thing; an emesis of the psyche. Fortunately, it happens even less frequently than fury tears.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Grief, and only when there's no one around.

My life is generally future-oriented, so when I realise that something is impossible (e.g. going to see a musical with my friend who passed away last year) I find it hard to deal with.

I've only ever cried at work once. It had nothing to do with work, and everything to do with the loss of hope at ever having a relationship with my father.

When I cry, it's usually an overwhelming wave of physiology that hits, all at once. I can't even stop it, I have to go some place private, breathe, and try to think about other things.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Fury. Unfortunately, people who are around to see it generally mistake it for something else, but it happens so infrequently that I guess it doesn't matter how it's seen.
    +1
    Fury and rage. It's very rare but it happens.