User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 89

  1. #41
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    I do think it but it's not a dominant thought.
    When I get bored, it's the way to keep me "signed in".

    I try to figure out people's type When I meet them but I'm very well aware that my guesses are most of time rubbish.

  2. #42
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I dont think about it, but that's because I am F
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #43
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    So, if you're using MBTI for anything more than random fun, you're taking it too seriously? What's the supposed "correct" way of using it? Also keep in mind that a preference in one person and a different preference in another person can motivate the two people to do the same things. That is possible.

  4. #44
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    I do, it's pretty much at the back of my mind anytime I let someone new in my life.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  5. #45
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    So, if you're using MBTI for anything more than random fun, you're taking it too seriously? What's the supposed "correct" way of using it? Also keep in mind that a preference in one person and a different preference in another person can motivate the two people to do the same things. That is possible.
    Anything taken too seriously is dangerous. I mean people fanatic with some stuff.

  6. #46
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    I don't focus on people's types to be honest (I rarely actively bother to type people). I find that having an awareness of the various approaches to things merely assists me understanding or coping with others.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #47
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Anything taken too seriously is dangerous. I mean people fanatic with some stuff.
    That's kind of a broad statement.

  8. #48
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    That's kind of a broad statement.
    Ns like broad statements.


    ...See how that works?
    Realizing someone's preference, help foster acceptance and understanding.

  9. #49
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ns like broad statements.


    ...See how that works?
    Realizing someone's preference, help foster acceptance and understanding.
    I knew that I was wrote the reply.

    I'm capable of realizing someone's preference, but usually what happens when I'm nice enough to someone that they want to be overly nice back to me, I can't handle the emotions. That's why I'd rather use MBTI for manipulation. No feelings, just controlling. :P

    One quote I remember....

    "Feelings and emotions have an inexplicable way of manifesting themselves in subconscious and not always self-aware behavior."

  10. #50
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I knew that I was wrote the reply.

    I'm capable of realizing someone's preference, but usually what happens when I'm nice enough to someone that they want to be overly nice back to me, I can't handle the emotions. That's why I'd rather use MBTI for manipulation. No feelings, just controlling. :P
    I knew that wasn't very clear. Sorry. I knew YOU knew...


    I was just stating the obvious for some of the others in this thread who think NOT using MBTT is better than using it.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What do you think about your dual?
    By yama in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 07:51 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 09:52 AM
  3. What do you think about people who like dark places?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 10:55 AM
  4. What do you think about?
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO