• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you think about typology in your day-to-day interactions with people?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I do think it but it's not a dominant thought.
When I get bored, it's the way to keep me "signed in". ;)

I try to figure out people's type When I meet them but I'm very well aware that my guesses are most of time rubbish. :jew:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont think about it, but that's because I am F

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
So, if you're using MBTI for anything more than random fun, you're taking it too seriously? What's the supposed "correct" way of using it? Also keep in mind that a preference in one person and a different preference in another person can motivate the two people to do the same things. That is possible.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I do, it's pretty much at the back of my mind anytime I let someone new in my life. :yes:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So, if you're using MBTI for anything more than random fun, you're taking it too seriously? What's the supposed "correct" way of using it? Also keep in mind that a preference in one person and a different preference in another person can motivate the two people to do the same things. That is possible.

Anything taken too seriously is dangerous. I mean people fanatic with some stuff.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't focus on people's types to be honest (I rarely actively bother to type people). I find that having an awareness of the various approaches to things merely assists me understanding or coping with others.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That's kind of a broad statement.
Ns like broad statements.

...See how that works?
Realizing someone's preference, help foster acceptance and understanding.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

...See how that works?

I knew that I was wrote the reply. :)

I'm capable of realizing someone's preference, but usually what happens when I'm nice enough to someone that they want to be overly nice back to me, I can't handle the emotions. That's why I'd rather use MBTI for manipulation. No feelings, just controlling. :p

One quote I remember....

"Feelings and emotions have an inexplicable way of manifesting themselves in subconscious and not always self-aware behavior."

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I knew that I was wrote the reply. :)

I'm capable of realizing someone's preference, but usually what happens when I'm nice enough to someone that they want to be overly nice back to me, I can't handle the emotions. That's why I'd rather use MBTI for manipulation. No feelings, just controlling. :p
I knew that wasn't very clear. Sorry. :blush: I knew YOU knew...

I was just stating the obvious for some of the others in this thread who think NOT using MBTT is better than using it.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype

...See how that works?

That's part of the problem for me in my skepticism about it, and why I try to clear my head everytime I think "that person might be a shy ENFP" or something along those lines. So yeah I think about it day2day, but at the same I can't rule out the possibility that it is merely a placebo-like confidence booster.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
MBTI helps though for me to understand my polar opposites, like ESTPs, ENFPs and ESFPs. Before MBTI, I knew about those "kinds" of people, and I didn't really like labeling them as "bad" people. I just knew before I met them that I wouldn't get along with them. Now I know why they are the way they are. It still takes more effort than the average person for me to put up with them. I just want to yell at them, "SETTLE DOWN!"

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That's part of the problem for me in my skepticism about it, and why I try to clear my head everytime I think "that person might be a shy ENFP" or something along those lines. So yeah I think about it day2day, but at the same I can't rule out the possibility that it is merely a placebo-like confidence booster.
I understand what you're saying, and as long as you realize that, I think you're keeping a good balance.

My INFP sister is always jumping to conclusions about what a person's type is, even to the point of stubbornly refusing to accept the idea that she might be wrong!! She judges people by their photograph and will argue with me about how right she is! Obviously, she puts a little bit too much trust into her intuition for me!

There are so many facets to personality, I think we should keep an open mind when dealing with other people.
Being an INTJ, I appreciate the categories MBTT gives me to choose from.
It gives me a point of reference to start from.
Being socially backward for most of my life, it has helped me a great deal.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
MBTI helps though for me to understand my polar opposites, like ESTPs, ENFPs and ESFPs. Before MBTI, I knew about those "kinds" of people, and I didn't really like labeling them as "bad" people. I just knew before I met them that I wouldn't get along with them. Now I know why they are the way they are. It still takes more effort than the average person for me to put up with them. I just want to yell at them, "SETTLE DOWN!"
tee hee :smile:

I know what you mean.
MBTT has helped me in that way, also.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
It's helped me to understand why my ENFP friend only sticks to a fraction of the million appointments she makes.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's helped me to understand why my ENFP friend only sticks to a fraction of the million appointments she makes.
Yup.
And what I've also learned is that Ps use words differently than Js.
When a J says I'm probably going to be there, there's a 90% chance they'll be there.
When a P says they'll probably be there, there's a 10% chance they'll be there! :smile:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yup.
When a J says I'm probably going to be there, there's a 90% chance they'll be there.
When a P says they'll probably be there, there's a 10% chance they'll be there! :smile:

And if a P say they'll maybe be there, there's a 0% chance they'll be there.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup.
that is SO funny!! haha and so true :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, no, I don't use it while i'm talking to them. I try to pay attention to what the person is saying. Sometimes afterwards I try to type them. When i'm in class I look around the classroom and try to type people I talk to a lot and the professor.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm slowly getting more intuitive at it. Not that I really need it as information when I'm figuring someone out. It is just sort of a fun game to play on top of it for personal amusement.