User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    And I believe it depends more on the F user.
    Well, yeah sure. Try it out on every F user, I'm sure you would get some smacks on your face (i would believe maybe incase 93%+ of the time).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Well, yeah sure. Try it out on every F user, I'm sure you would get some smacks on your face (i would believe maybe incase 93%+ of the time).
    Actually the only two people who've ever slapped me after criticizing them were INTP and ENFP, and to be frank I was only doing it for laughs, so I kinda had it coming.

Of course I know you don't mean literally, and you really mean they'd be upset, that much is true.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Well, I type people I come across or observe online, but just for fun, though. I don't need anything additional to be able to understand them because it just comes natural to me, and isn't something I really think about at all.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    Well, I type people I come across or observe online, but just for fun, though. I don't need anything additional to be able to understand them because it just comes natural to me, and isn't something I really think about at all.
    Well yeah. I type according traits I've learned from MBTI for fun to. Although figuring people out is something I do instinctively, good/bad, feeler/thinker. It would not have matter if I've read about MBTI (although it helps giving structure to thoughts), I would try to predict their actions or/and attitudes anyway.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes, I have a slight tendency to drone. albeit enthusiastically, so it helps to know if my message will fall on deaf ears or will not be received "well," or "accurately." When I'm feeling bored or about to daydream, I stop myself and devote a brief amount of my time to observe, analyze, and emulate other types. At least in thought, it's a handy exercise that can help with communication. I try and suppress some of my natural biases and tendencies so I can truly see the motives and actions for what they really are.

I feel like that is the best way to understand different people, because they are inherently a lot more complex than most of us can perceive or comprehend. The most interesting thing for me is to just really create mental models of their thought processes and figure out why their valuations, interpretations, manipulations and transformations are utilized. I'm a very Q and A oriented thinker so it helps to run little simulations based on that technique. It's usually contextually oriented as well, for example if I'm sitting in class I try and step back a bit and just follow their arguments or conversations. My ADD afflicts me with the incapability (or capability depending on how you view it) to sort out and block out ambient conversations. typology is sort of my synthetic way of dealing with that little "issue."
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Do you think about typology in your day-to-day interactions with people?

Yeah, of course. All the time.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Just curious how much people think about type theory when they are away from this forum and are interacting face-to-face with others. Do you use it in your interactions with others to help you understand or relate to them better? If you do use it, it is some thing that is always in the back of your mind when you are interacting with them?
    No. I have tried to type some people just for the heck of it (and kept the info to myself) but I never take advantage of this "knowledge". I don't even remember which types I typed people. I don't feel like I have to. I got a lot better typology going on all the time. I think it is called intuition...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i do it constantly to the point that it is now sub/un-conscious. i type by temperaments
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    LoLz

Working in a department store, I've started typing customers a bit. I'm noticing the things that are easy to spot, like temperaments. Even preference combinations that aren't real temperaments are sometimes easy to spot, like FJ. I'd imagine an SF would take things a lot more personally than an NF. I get annoyed with FP's though. Their barrage of morals gives me a headache.

Sometimes I do for fun. But I don't build the relationship off it.