User Tag List

12 Last

ThatGirl

Default whats the big deal about being me?

I don't understand the constant search for individuality and being precieved as genuine, both as the standard we hold for ourselves as well as the standard we judge others by.

Can someone please explain this to me?

MBTI
    INFP

I think the explanation that Harley owners use to justify their lifestyle applies here, That Girl.

For those who need to ask, no explanation is possible.

'scuse. Just busy today demonsrating that INFPs are capable of frisky staightforwardness.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I think there's a certain cultural attraction in crafting belief that one is capable of whatever pursuit he/she sets out to accomplish.

Protecting this assertion is an important part of living a happy life. It's also a key component towards the achievement of an existence earmarked by failure and self-delusion.

As is often the case, balance is the ideal.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I don't understand the constant search for individuality and being precieved as genuine, both as the standard we hold for ourselves as well as the standard we judge others by.

A curious thought: the only people who thinks about individuality are those who differs from the norm in one aspect or another. So is it a real value or something created by these (myself include) individuals in attempts to justify their way of life?

No, I don't answer questions... I just make things complicated.

MBTI
    INFP

That's an interesting thought, Nightning. I wonder if that is so.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    For those who need to ask, no explanation is possible.
    "If you have to ask, you'll never know." I heard that on T.V. years ago.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

I think the need to be an individual and perceived as genuine is an NF thing. I can't say I understand it either. To me trying to be genuine and unique is like trying to perform involuntary bodily functions. It doesn't make sense.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

read the NF temperament profile in please understand me part II. that should answer your question
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    A curious thought: the only people who thinks about individuality are those who differs from the norm in one aspect or another. So is it a real value or something created by these (myself include) individuals in attempts to justify their way of life?
    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I think the need to be an individual and perceived as genuine is an NF thing. I can't say I understand it either. To me trying to be genuine and unique is like trying to perform involuntary bodily functions. It doesn't make sense.
    These are interesting thoughts... hmm... yeah, I think I would feel like I have "less meaning" if I wasn't interested about what I am. It definitely doesn't feel like it is easy to just be what I am...

We can't even say for sure that this search for genuineness produces any more better people (even though there are some) because there are lots of wackos out there who are on this quest.

Different strokes for different folks. If you don't get it you probably never will. If it is your thing, good luck with that.