User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

I think I'm extremely logical, almost everything I do is based on my logic. However....whether my logic comes to the same conclusion as someone else's logic, I have no idea.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think I am fairly accurate in assessing and accepting my cognitive capacities and limitations.

Overall, I am pretty logical.

Depending on the person and the context, I have been viewed as incredibly logical to something more along the lines of an erratic, irrational, emotional mess.

I'm a smart cookie.

For awhile, I used to suffer from underestimating my talents and abilities, not anymore, thank god.

Oh, and gender plays a HUGE role in how one perceives and projects themselves.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    People probably think I'm of average intelligence, until they get to know me. I learned to dumb down my language to fit in as a teen so most don't realize that I'm smart. Is that "understating my abilities"? I suppose so, but in most situations it doesn't make any difference if I'm perceived as being smart and I'm certainly not going to shout it from the rooftops.
    Same here.

It also makes it easier to observe people in a less guarded state, when they think your simpler.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've also heard the theory that women understate their abilities as men tend to overstate theirs how true do you think this?
    I think it depends on the person, how they develop in certain situations, and the society they've grown up in--whether they choose to accept (perhaps even grudgingly) the proposed/perceived traditional role or not.

Do you think overstating and understating have anything to with type more than gender? How so?
    I think there is a predisposition for each type and gender but there are so many deciding factors in what makes us who we are that it would be rather difficult to put one theory above the other. I think the ultimate deciding factor is how the person perceives their environment and how capable they feel in that said environment.

How logical do you think you are?
    It depends. I've learned that I am only as logical as I am able to put my thoughts into cohesive sentences and have the capability to relate my thoughts correctly with the external stimuli (reality). I try to stay connected with reality but often the mind can become a strange place which incorrectly manipulates received data into a distortion that only I am able see, much like that of Don Quixote and his misadventures.

Do people think you're less or more then you believe?
    I have no idea.

How smart are you (no IQ scores I'm not interested in your IQ just say very, not so much, or whatever else you want)?
    Frequently I have the tendency to believe that everyone around me are either a bunch of idiots or misguided. (That sounded rather arrogant!) Yet the tables turn on me and I feel like I am the real idiot. In other words I oscillate between high self-esteem and low self-esteem.

Do people think you're smarter or dumber then you are?
    I am often told by peers that I am very intelligent but they do not tell me how they arrived to that conclusion. So I take it with a pinch of salt.

I don't consider myself very logical, for the reason that others find my logic hard to follow. And it isn't linear for another thing.

I have a habit to just call myself an ass, because I don't take myself all that seriously. I don't like to answer questions or make statements about my intelligence or the lack of it. I'd say I'm average. People usually think I'm smart, but I'm not sure why. It's not the initial reaction, but I get told that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't think I'm very logical at all. Most everything about me comes from drive, which, well, isn't very logical.

For some reason, people keep thinking I'm logical and smart and whatever and it can be very frustrating.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

The OP is less logical than she thinks based purely on the thread title.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

How I am supposed to answer this if I can only answer in context of how logical I think I am?

I can only tell you how logical I think I am, not how accurate my assessment is.

I mean, if I came to realize I was more or less logical than I thought I was, I would start to think that I was now as logical as my new perception of my own level of logical behavior. Thus, I would never be aware of being more or less logical than I thought.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I am just as logical as I think I am.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    The OP is less logical than she thinks based purely on the thread title.
    yes, but "Are you more logical or less logical then you think?" wouldn't fit.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so