• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

psychforums.com - Psychological Disorders Forum

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I could only manage to sexually prestate about once a year.

But, yeah. Then why not go all out?

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
So, I looked at some Posts and Topics in that Forum and I must say...just as I expected.
Now, People either say "get a Therapy" or say "Oh you poor Thing. End.". No real Advices and Nothing. Gee. It is slightly pissing me how People who seek Help desperately are not being helped. It's like People always did with me. I would go to them with a Problem and they would just go "Oh." End. Well, "Oh" didn't really help me. Man, People are so f'd.
I mean if People ASK for Help, they do have serious Problems and it is Something where they are just stuck. But those "Advices" don't exactly help. Duh.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
So, I looked at some Posts and Topics in that Forum and I must say...just as I expected.
Now, People either say "get a Therapy" or say "Oh you poor Thing. End.". No real Advices and Nothing. Gee. It is slightly pissing me how People who seek Help desperately are not being helped. It's like People always did with me. I would go to them with a Problem and they would just go "Oh." End. Well, "Oh" didn't really help me. Man, People are so f'd.
I mean if People ASK for Help, they do have serious Problems and it is Something where they are just stuck. But those "Advices" don't exactly help. Duh.

Even worse were the ones which gave bad advice.

I skimmed the OCD section, it mostly consisted of people asking whether or not they had OCD. It got old really quickly. I might check back every once in a while, though, if only to counter some of the bad advice when doing so would be useful.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Even worse were the ones which gave bad advice.
Very true. Man...Those are the Moments I wish People who have no Idea about the Stuff Someone is going thru should just skip the Thread and go do Something more useful.

Sorry if I get so mad about this but I have seen what bad Things People can do with wrong or stupid Advices. In the End the Person searching for Help is even more f'd and then it is freaking hard for them to get out of it again.

(There it is again, my oddly strong Sense of Justice. Didn't I say the Garg Name fits me? :shock:)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I skimmed the OCD section, it mostly consisted of people asking whether or not they had OCD. It got old really quickly. I might check back every once in a while, though, if only to counter some of the bad advice when doing so would be useful.

I bet everything was spelled right, there, at least.

The Avoidant section wasn't bad.
The GID section wasn't great.

But the forum Edahn mentioned was even worse.

I think anyone with serious issues is either seeing a shrink or they're going to a forum dedicated to the issue at hand. These "multipurpose" forums seem to be little more than a large stand of signposts directing traffic to places that offer better help and support.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
Very true. Man...Those are the Moments I wish People who have no Idea about the Stuff Someone is going thru should just skip the Thread and go do Something more useful.

Sorry if I get so mad about this but I have seen what bad Things People can do with wrong or stupid Advices. In the End the Person searching for Help is even more f'd and then it is freaking hard for them to get out of it again.

(There it is again, my oddly strong Sense of Justice. Didn't I say the Garg Name fits me? :shock:)

I think I love you Garg! :cry::wubbie:

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm not so interested in disorders. I'm more interested in behavioral and experimental psychology. How to trick people into giving me all their money. That kind of thing. Only half kidding.

I can tell you anything you want to know about behavioral therapy. Its not a "trick". Mental illness isn't fun or funny or fake. Its real and its hard. Especially when people cant possibly understand. Its hard when people make fun of you and criticize you for it.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I think I love you Garg! :cry::wubbie:
Uh..and you found out about that just NOW?

Anyways...when I am back from my "Holiday" I might register on that Forum to give some Advices. I mean good, serious ones. =/
As for mental Illnesses...yep, not funny. I have seen that on some Buddies already and that wasn't Fun at all. Paranoia, Schizophrenia, Manic-Depressive...you name it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
o Poetry Corner

Oh man I was afflicted with poetry a few years ago! It was such a dark time for me, really glad I could work my way through it...

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh man I was afflicted with poetry a few years ago! It was such a dark time for me, really glad I could work my way through it...

Bad poetry is worse than bad prose.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP

Bad poetry is worse than bad prose.

Are you guys that mean to make light of Mental Illness. Really? That mean Huh? Ok..we'll go with that..

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Are you guys that mean to make light of Mental Illness. Really? That mean Huh? Ok..we'll go with that..
Uhm, actually I don't think that had anything to do with mental illnesses, Rogue? But there IS a poetry area in that forum. I guess that is what they meant. o.o

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

I make light of everything, perhaps I am that mean but my intentions are good. I was making fun of poetry more than anything. :doh:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, dude, I so sympathize. I had a limerick phase that drove me and everybody else crazy.

There once was a girl from Nantucket
Who told everybody to

etc.

It turned out to be part of an overall SmartAss Disorder, perhaps you are familiar...

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
I make light of everything, perhaps I am that mean but my intentions are good. I was making fun of poetry more than anything. :doh:

:D sorry..a little defensive..I've taken alot of crap for my "illness":blush:

If you want..you can go to Randomocity and see my nice little rant! Its a user group very fun!:yes:

dougvincent1138

MBTI Type
INFJ
PsychCentral.com has a good number of really fucked up people, too, but the content is weak because they consider themselves a "support community."

Umm...are you saying that you go to these forums to be entertained by the mental struggles of others, and when they are trying to support and encourage each other, you are disappointed because it's not as entertaining to you?

As someone who has struggled with DID (dissociative identity disorder), depression, self-harming, low self esteem, and suicidal thoughts, I can assure you that we are not here for your amusement. Mental disorders are very difficult, painful, confusing, and can be life threatening, and if you think that's amusing, perhaps you need to think about seeing a therapist yourself.

Leyna

dougvincent1138

MBTI Type
INFJ

Yes, I agree. Bad advice can definitely be worse than no advice at all. I have DID, but I was misdiagnosed for nine years before getting a proper diagnosis, and those previous therapists who didn't have a clue what DID is or how to treat it were more of a hindrance than a help to us. In fact, a lot of the reason that I was cutting myself back then is because I wanted to feel like I was a real person, which was largely due to the fact that our therapists at the time were telling us that Doug was the "real" one and I was a "delusion". Now that I understand DID, I understand that I, and all of the others who share Doug's body and mind, are just as real as Doug is, and therefore I am not the slightest bit tempted to cut myself anymore.

Leyna

dougvincent1138

MBTI Type
INFJ
I just wanted to say to everyone in this thread...

If you are interested in the forum mentioned above because you are genuinely curious about understanding mental illness, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about what it's like to live with dissociative identity disorder. There are a great many misconceptions about people like us, largely due to inaccurate representations of DID in the media, and I would be happy to educate you about what it's really like.

However, for those of you who are only interested in reading about "f'ed up people" so that you can laugh at them and make yourselves feel superior, I suggest you find a new hobby, one that is not demeaning to people who struggle every day to live in a world that fears and hates them because they are hurting.

Thank you,

Leyna of the Doug Vincent system

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Umm...are you saying that you go to these forums to be entertained by the mental struggles of others, and when they are trying to support and encourage each other, you are disappointed because it's not as entertaining to you?

As someone who has struggled with DID (dissociative identity disorder), depression, self-harming, low self esteem, and suicidal thoughts, I can assure you that we are not here for your amusement. Mental disorders are very difficult, painful, confusing, and can be life threatening, and if you think that's amusing, perhaps you need to think about seeing a therapist yourself.

Leyna

Calm yourself. I didn't say anything about entertaining.