User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I think I could only manage to sexually prestate about once a year.

But, yeah. Then why not go all out?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

So, I looked at some Posts and Topics in that Forum and I must say...just as I expected.
    Now, People either say "get a Therapy" or say "Oh you poor Thing. End.". No real Advices and Nothing. Gee. It is slightly pissing me how People who seek Help desperately are not being helped. It's like People always did with me. I would go to them with a Problem and they would just go "Oh." End. Well, "Oh" didn't really help me. Man, People are so f'd.
    I mean if People ASK for Help, they do have serious Problems and it is Something where they are just stuck. But those "Advices" don't exactly help. Duh.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    So, I looked at some Posts and Topics in that Forum and I must say...just as I expected.
    Now, People either say "get a Therapy" or say "Oh you poor Thing. End.". No real Advices and Nothing. Gee. It is slightly pissing me how People who seek Help desperately are not being helped. It's like People always did with me. I would go to them with a Problem and they would just go "Oh." End. Well, "Oh" didn't really help me. Man, People are so f'd.
    I mean if People ASK for Help, they do have serious Problems and it is Something where they are just stuck. But those "Advices" don't exactly help. Duh.
    Even worse were the ones which gave bad advice.

I skimmed the OCD section, it mostly consisted of people asking whether or not they had OCD. It got old really quickly. I might check back every once in a while, though, if only to counter some of the bad advice when doing so would be useful.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Even worse were the ones which gave bad advice.
    Very true. Man...Those are the Moments I wish People who have no Idea about the Stuff Someone is going thru should just skip the Thread and go do Something more useful.

Sorry if I get so mad about this but I have seen what bad Things People can do with wrong or stupid Advices. In the End the Person searching for Help is even more f'd and then it is freaking hard for them to get out of it again.

(There it is again, my oddly strong Sense of Justice. Didn't I say the Garg Name fits me? )

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I skimmed the OCD section, it mostly consisted of people asking whether or not they had OCD. It got old really quickly. I might check back every once in a while, though, if only to counter some of the bad advice when doing so would be useful.
    I bet everything was spelled right, there, at least.

The Avoidant section wasn't bad.
    The GID section wasn't great.

But the forum Edahn mentioned was even worse.

I think anyone with serious issues is either seeing a shrink or they're going to a forum dedicated to the issue at hand. These "multipurpose" forums seem to be little more than a large stand of signposts directing traffic to places that offer better help and support.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Very true. Man...Those are the Moments I wish People who have no Idea about the Stuff Someone is going thru should just skip the Thread and go do Something more useful.

Sorry if I get so mad about this but I have seen what bad Things People can do with wrong or stupid Advices. In the End the Person searching for Help is even more f'd and then it is freaking hard for them to get out of it again.

(There it is again, my oddly strong Sense of Justice. Didn't I say the Garg Name fits me? )

I think I love you Garg!
    "bad things happen when people touch me!!"

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I'm not so interested in disorders. I'm more interested in behavioral and experimental psychology. How to trick people into giving me all their money. That kind of thing. Only half kidding.

I can tell you anything you want to know about behavioral therapy. Its not a "trick". Mental illness isn't fun or funny or fake. Its real and its hard. Especially when people cant possibly understand. Its hard when people make fun of you and criticize you for it.
    "bad things happen when people touch me!!"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I think I love you Garg!
    Uh..and you found out about that just NOW?

Anyways...when I am back from my "Holiday" I might register on that Forum to give some Advices. I mean good, serious ones. =/
    As for mental Illnesses...yep, not funny. I have seen that on some Buddies already and that wasn't Fun at all. Paranoia, Schizophrenia, Manic-Depressive...you name it.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

o Poetry Corner
    Oh man I was afflicted with poetry a few years ago! It was such a dark time for me, really glad I could work my way through it...

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Oh man I was afflicted with poetry a few years ago! It was such a dark time for me, really glad I could work my way through it...
    Bad poetry is worse than bad prose.