User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    You wouldn't do well on a pvp server in any MMO's, I bet.
    I suppose I would probably agree with you if I knew what any of that was.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I am P. I have to plan to plan to plan to plan to plan.
    What if you're planning a night where you decide which movie to watch that night? Is that planning to be spontaneous?

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I suppose I would probably agree with you if I knew what any of that was.
    Imagine a large scale game where you're trying to get things done in the game. Now imagine 500 other people doing the same thing you're doing. 250 of those other people are on the opposite side of you. While you're trying to get things done that don't involve attacking other players, they can come along and kill you, making you take an extra 10 minutes to do what you were doing. Then they can do it again! They can even keep it up for hours to make sure you're not enjoying yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have also lied that the game was just an innocent socialization it was actually small tournament without prize. But this wasn't what they had in mind.
    I'm sure many people would have answered differently if you had said it was a contest. I know I would have.
    In a contest, each person is expected to do the best they can to prepare.
    Your actions do not seem so extreme in preparation for a tournament, even if there is no prize.

MBTI
    INTJ

Imagine a large scale game where you're trying to get things done in the game. Now imagine 500 other people doing the same thing you're doing. 250 of those other people are on the opposite side of you. While you're trying to get things done that don't involve attacking other players, they can come along and kill you, making you take an extra 10 minutes to do what you were doing. Then they can do it again! They can even keep it up for hours to make sure you're not enjoying yourself.
    Oh yeah. Hate that.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I used to work endlessly on refining my Magic decks, but that was something I planned to play with regularly...It wasn't a single game. And hey, I even won a tournament among 11 friends.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

When I was seriously about tennis:
    I had a binder that had every opponent I had ever played, with the results of the match, their strengths/weaknesses, what I did, etc.. and before every tournament I'd stalk the internet draws and find out my opponent and create strategies to beat them. It was sort of intense.

Like Jack Flak, back in the day, I used to consistently reorganize my decks to make the best combinations possible to win. I'd sort through them religiously all day. Never won any tournaments, but beat all the neighborhood kids, hah.

Edit; I'm known for taking the 'fun' out of games, but in my mind, I'm making it fun.. by doing what the objective is of a game.. to win. Hahaha that sounds so terrible.

Soph year of college at the dorms, I got beat in billiards by a guy in the Union room. I walked out of the room, went to Barnes and Nobles, bought a billiards book and read it thoroughly, highlighting all of the important passages, and memorizing all the techniques and different actions on the ball. Then I put that into 6 hours of practice everyday. By mid year, no one beat me and I made sure it. How sad.

Same with chess. I was already a pretty decent chess player, and I used to show no mercy.

And Mario Kart. And Mario Party. And Super Smash Bros. And ping pong.

Over the years of hearing "learn to lose or no one's going to play with you," I sort of learned.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

What if you're planning a night where you decide which movie to watch that night? Is that planning to be spontaneous?
    Yes. Or, you go to a vacation and decide that you make no plans, go with the flow. So, that is planned spontaneity. Basically we are only talking about when decisions are being made. If you are spontaneous, you make fast decisions now. If you aren't, you make decisions before. So, no one is purely spontaneous.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yes. Or, you go to a vacation and decide that you make no plans, go with the flow. So, that is planned spontaneity. Basically we are only talking about when decisions are being made. If you are spontaneous, you make fast decisions now. If you aren't, you make decisions before. So, no one is purely spontaneous.
    Oh, there's some zen for you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Antisocial one, question for you:

Would you ever try going into a strategy game with only half-done planning (or less), and then try to make plans as reactions to events? Do you think you could enjoy that?

Naturally, I like to plan out strategy games, too. (not from the start, since that would take far too long) But I do get a real thrill when I can formulate plans in mid-game as a reaction to other players' plans, and see mine eventually crush them.

The time it happened to me, three other guys who always play a specific game invited me and one other guy to play against them. They didn't think I had played the game much, so when my team started winning, they went sore-loser on us and ended the game. I think they were used to always winning.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

I think that I owe everbody an explanation about what actaually happened.
    Since my post were social experiment.

Three of us made a deal that we will play a game with a princilpe "let a best one win". But since the other two are much more E they started a discussion like - I will win , I will win, are you sure , of course, . .. ...... .. . . .

I was silent in all of this, but I started to think
    "How about giving those two a suprise. It looks like that they could use one"

So I did what I did.

They were not actually angry, it is just that my actions were strange to them. Since people here don't plan much and that is why it caused shock but there was no anger behind it.

Paradoxally, those two actually like me exactly because of this skills and they are closest thing a have to friendship.

But in general people don't play board and video games with me in general since I am
    quote:"You are machine set to win and nothing we do can change that"

What actually isn't good since no one wants to play, what is again understandable.
    Because of what I did to other people.(without planning such as this)
    On the other hand if I let them win then both sides are just wasting time and I just want a challange.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Antisocial one, question for you:

Would you ever try going into a strategy game with only half-done planning (or less), and then try to make plans as reactions to events? Do you think you could enjoy that?

Of course, I do that without problem.

Actually, in many games you can't have a master plan before you start since many games are very random. So you must plan as you go.

It is just that in this version of RISK allows this kind of thinking to be successful. Game allows alliance against me so creators were thinking that this will always balance the situation. But I have planned so much that I have managed to find a hole.

As I have said I can explain my actions/strategy.