User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

'mornin', Uber!

I agree with you that Fish and Chikatilo certainly are standouts among the many. Two other favorites are those hillbilly booger-eatin' morons Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas. Too good to be true. Cartoons!

If you're asking why I find many psychopaths pathetic it's because they seem to me to be enslaved by the characteristics of their personalities in a much more rigid manner than the average Joe. Suffering from the delusion of freedom but chained by their consuming impulses.

How many of them exist among the population of the US is questionable but guesstimates are, a probably modest, five hundred.

Since a true psychopath tends to escalate his behavior with each "success" and because the behavior has, (thus far) been so far outside the scope of accepted human behavior, most seem doomed to escalate themselves into self-destruction or imprisonment. And sadder yet, never seeming to achieve satiation. The best the best of them can manage is mention in a psychiatric handbook.

But how gnawing that endless hole in the soul must feel to the person who has it. Tortured individuals.

A frenzy of malice expressed in narcisscistic satisfaction which consumes its very host. The inevitable sordid ending of the ones we know makes them figures of personal tragedy for me.

"Evil" is a greedy master which devours all it reigns over. My take.

But, oh, the ride must be glorious madness while it lasts and therein lies the fascination. For me it has become a story with the inevitable similar ending, the sole interest dwelling in the detail.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I remember reading in a science magazine that the amount of psychopaths is something like 5% of the population. Are you people only talking about the ones who KILLKILLKILL? I am not interested in those. But, my friend and I have this theory that the kind of people that are running things in the companies are very close to what psychopaths are. It is logical really, because when they are high enough in the company, the people turn into numbers on some statistic diagram. It is very useful to have a psychopath up there. He doesn't need to consider the human consequences of his decisions.

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks for the clarification, nolla. Yes, When I cited the five-hundred I was talking about the serial killers.

And that's my thought on pyschopathology as well. They walk among us. Heck, they lead us!

They're the only ones of us who can stand the pressure of their chosen roles! Ahem. President Carter aside, of course.

Then that leads to thoughts of degree. Socio- versus psycho-.

Are all psychopaths by definition murderers? Don't know. They certainly are capable of acts which cause destruction, both personal and societal.

So here's a puzzle to me:

What about Jefferey Dahmer? Did he really have a "normal" childhood? I keep searching for clues to the family secret.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why does everyone assume that serial killers are raised in dysfunctional homes? Surely, it must be possible that some people just aren't afraid to use their latent killer instinct.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Why does everyone assume that serial killers are raised in dysfunctional homes? Surely, it must be possible that some people just aren't afraid to use their latent killer instinct.
    while i too think it's limiting to think childhood would be the reason for killing, i also think it's limiting to think that it's 'fear' that keeps everyone else from killing.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    while i too think it's limiting to think childhood would be the reason for killing, i also think it's limiting to think that it's 'fear' that keeps everyone else from killing.
    Yeah, some of us just hate the thought of cleaning up the mess, afterwords.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And some of us hate the smell.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Yeah. I used to correspond with a guy who was formerly Manson's prison psychiatrist, and also Edmund Kemper's.
    Really?
    What was he like?
    And what sort of temperament could help a guy deal day-in and day-out with this sort of person?

I always thought Kemper was fascinating, since he was so darn smart and had so much self-awareness, compared to some psychopaths. Funny that he turned himself in once he had killed his mother, realizing that was really all he had wanted to do the whole time.

(Of course, that sort of introspective capability and intelligence makes him sort of frightening too. Aside from him being 6'6".)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Yeah, some of us just hate the thought of cleaning up the mess, afterwords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And some of us hate the smell.
    and sometimes, the killing is just a messy means to a clean end.

either way, see? lots of reasons.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Fear is why I don't kill. Seriously if I could get away with it I might kill some people I know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so