First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I'm just curious - do you see drinking as something different?
    I guess? I'm too young to drink so I'm not sure how it really affects a person (besides intoxication, a little sedating?) I mean, I take pills for depression, anxiety, ADD which makes me feel more energized, which I like, but at first I was scared. I mean, Hell, if it's what a person wants, go for it. I've always been uncomfortable with stuff like this, though. I can't explain why. I guess, in a way, if it were me it'd geel like it was controlling my will, making me want to be outgoing. I suppose the thought of someone (like a kid/teenager) being made to do it would feel like a terrible thing to me. Like I said, I can't explain it. So don't expect me to logically back-it-up

I mean, shyness is the result of a person being scared, second-guessing what they'll say, feeling insecure, etc. (there's obviously many reasons for a person to be shy.) But isn't that just how a person is? How they think?
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kastor View Post
    I guess? I'm too young to drink so I'm not sure how it really affects a person (besides intoxication, a little sedating?) I mean, I take pills for depression, anxiety, ADD.
    I mean, Hell, if it's what a person wants, go for it. I've always been uncomfortable with stuff like this, though. I can't explain why. I guess, in a way, if it were me it'd be like controlling my will in a way. Like I said, I can't explain it.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't drink or anything like that for the same reasons - I was just curious how it compared If both bother you then it makes sense!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't drink or anything like that for the same reasons - I was just curious how it compared If both bother you then it makes sense!
    Yeah, that's me and my weird phobias :rolli:
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kastor View Post
    Yeah, that's me and my weird phobias :rolli:
    Oh, it's not that weird of a phobia. I have the same ones, which is why I'm highly suspicious and a bit fearful of anything beyond over-the-counter ibuprofen and anything that might affect my ability to think and make decisions clearly. I'm a control freak over my body.

On topic. I think it's ridiculous. A spray won't banish shyness in the long-term. Shyness is caused by specific modes of thinking which, when properly addressed, can be changed with effort. And I don't think it can ever be banished, only controlled.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Oh, it's not that weird of a phobia. I have the same ones, which is why I'm highly suspicious and a bit fearful of anything beyond over-the-counter ibuprofen and anything that might affect my ability to think and make decisions clearly. I'm a control freak over my body.

On topic. I think it's ridiculous. A spray won't banish shyness in the long-term. Shyness is caused by specific modes of thinking which, when properly addressed, can be changed with effort. And I don't think it can ever be banished, only controlled.
    I'm the same way x_x I hate the thought of not being in control of myself D:

I absolutely agree

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Hormone spray could banish shyness18 July 2007
    NewScientist.com news service
    I know a good an easy way to "banish" shyness - 3 shots of double Jack Ds.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I should mention that it's mostly used for retraining, not for casual use. In that capacity, it's a really good thing - it gets over the hump that can prevent people from being reconditioned.

The neurotransmitter is released in men and women during orgasm and women when their nipples get stimulated. I wouldn't mind having an inhaler in my pocket to relieve boredom....

Forget the shyness relief, it's an instant orgasm.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

An anti-shyness spray could be just the thing for me. Who cares about the long-term effects? Everything we do right now has an unforeseeable long-term consequence.

All my life, I've taken anti-depressants and anti-psychotics and they never did anything to relieve my shyness or my anxiety which is preventing me from moving up in the world. They just made me more dependent on them, so when I try to stop taking them, I have very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

I'm actually against the idea of medication (unless you're physically sick or in pain), but unfortunately, my parents weren't, and so now I'm addicted to these prescription drugs. I think the fact that I've been dependent on mind-altering medications such as Paxil for so long, I've forgotten who I truly am. Medications just mess with your normal chemical functions.

I should check out this hormone spray, though, if only to give me the extra push of getting off my ass and finding a new job.