User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Growing up is scary. Now that I'm 15 I can't get tax deduction when I buy clothes. I have a job. I am able to take much responsibility for things. I have to worry about my future.

People see me as old too. In restaurants they come up to my table and tell me about the drink specials. People ask me what I'm taking in college. Strangers come up to me almost daily and ask for directions/help. Adults used to tell me, "Don't talk to strangers." Adults are nothing but aged children. Some put up better facades with their expertise than others. You'd think that was obvious, but it's something that takes a while to notice.

And when there's something I just don't know, or all I can draw are blanks, or I create awkward silences, people look at me in bewilderment, as if I'm retarded.

I'm scared man. I grew up in my head a lot, playing Final Fantasy games and daydreaming about the surreal.

Constantly I wonder: when am I going to become just a little more organized? Just a little bit more charismatic? Just a bit more sensible? Where's that magical fairy guardian with her wand that will turn me into a fully functioning adult? When is she going to come for me?

When is the cement truck coming; the one that will set my life's future career into concrete? How much more time do I have left?

How much initiative will I have to take? Are there guidelines for me? Will there be forms to fill out or will I have to write them myself?

Where do I pick them up?

Where do I hand them in?

Which container do I put my dreams into?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    When is the cement truck coming; the one that will set my life's future career into concrete? How much more time do I have left
    Never. Treasure the moments!

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post

Constantly I wonder: when am I going to become just a little more organized? Just a little bit more charismatic? Just a bit more sensible? Where's that magical fairy guardian with her wand that will turn me into a fully functioning adult? When is she going to come for me?
    My wife is an ESFJ that's as close as I got to a magical fairy guardian.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Prompted by Mempy's thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...seriously.html

This is sort of the reverse of what Mempy experiences. How do you deal with people that tells you to "grow up"? Essentially how do you shake the notion that you're "young"?

I enjoy being silly and doing random things in my spare time. I like watching kids shows, bounces along to say Blues Clues on TV. Yes, I sometimes act like peter pan... a kid that never grew up, however I only do so in my spare time. I have no problems switching back and forth between "adult" mode and "kiddy" mode. The sticking point here is that other people might not see it that way. A kid's a kid, never to be taken too seriously.

This is probably a none too common issue, but anybody else had this experience? Also are there ways to "fix" it? And no, I would not take on traditional pastimes simply because they're "acceptable". My free time is my own to use.
    Never grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Never grow up.
    "This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." Winston Churchill

I've never been that serious.
    Is being called facetious a compliment or insult?

MBTI
    INTJ

An interesting distinction. I'm somewhere in the middle at 21, grown up yet not so grown up. I try not to worry about it.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    INTP

Prompted by Mempy's thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...seriously.html

This is sort of the reverse of what Mempy experiences. How do you deal with people that tells you to "grow up"? Essentially how do you shake the notion that you're "young"?
    What are you trying to fix? Are you saying you don't like being yourself?

I think there will always be a little bit of kid in me =)

MBTI
    INFP

I enjoy being silly and doing random things in my spare time. I like watching kids shows, bounces along to say Blues Clues on TV. Yes, I sometimes act like peter pan... a kid that never grew up, however I only do so in my spare time. I have no problems switching back and forth between "adult" mode and "kiddy" mode. The sticking point here is that other people might not see it that way. A kid's a kid, never to be taken too seriously.

This is probably a none too common issue, but anybody else had this experience? Also are there ways to "fix" it? And no, I would not take on traditional pastimes simply because they're "acceptable". My free time is my own to use.
    You should never have to 'grow up'. One of the most amazing things is to see the world through a child's eyes.

"One does not complain about water because it is wet, nor about rocks because they are hard... as the child looks out upon the world with wide, uncritical and innocent eyes, simply noting and observing what is the case, without either arguing the matter or demanding that it be otherwise, so does the self-actualizing person look upon human nature both in himself and in others" - Maslow

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    What are you trying to fix? Are you saying you don't like being yourself?
    My only pet peeve with this all is that I get fed up with those "well intentioned" comments and looks that are thrown my way.

People will never admit it, but being "young" affects the way they evaluate you. Is my competence based on my skills or on my looks? It ought to be on the former but its not.

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    You should never have to 'grow up'. One of the most amazing things is to see the world through a child's eyes.

"One does not complain about water because it is wet, nor about rocks because they are hard... as the child looks out upon the world with wide, uncritical and innocent eyes, simply noting and observing what is the case, without either arguing the matter or demanding that it be otherwise, so does the self-actualizing person look upon human nature both in himself and in others" - Maslow
    Yes, that is what they say... but people are hypocrites... they put ideals on a pedestal and expect something else "in reality".

This is turning rant-like... my apologies.