User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    When I do, it's because I really dislike the task I have to do.
    I've never enjoyed writing, so I'm not very good at it, at least according to my own standards. It's the activity I've put off more than any other. This might be a negative feedback loop.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm sure you realize that this logic is type specific. Mine is more like "I don't like to do 75% of all the things there are to do, so if I do anything, I'm bound to have to do something I don't want to do. I'm going to think for a while."
    Yeah, I don't think that everybody thinks like me on the matter - nor I think my way of thinking is particularly sound (it could be argued that I waste a lot of resources and time that way).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

One real plus to procrastinators: every minute spent doing something we want to do as opposed to something we're forced to do is good, no matter where it comes from, given that we all die.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

garbage

I don't know if "not having time to do things" or "being too tired to do something" counts as procrastination.
    I know that I and others tend to use those as excuses--consciously or subconsciously--to procrastinate or just not do something.. when, really, if it were a priority over some other activity, we'd make the time.

That's not to say that it should be a priority necessarily because we're putting it off. I know that I'd like to, say, install a screen door on my front entrance eventually, but I haven't made steps to do it. Right now, I would prioritize watching TV or working or something else over it.. just because it doesn't need to be done right now.

I really dislike working under pressure. I actually work very fast usually, however when I am under pressure I go slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i think i work better under pressure when i don't have time to be wishy washy...the more time i have the more i'll get caught up in the details and drive myself nuts.
    Not that this is the only reason.. but I'd venture to say that some (maybe P's?) handle "crisis situations" like reaching deadlines better than others and so don't see the need to handle tasks as soon as they come up, while some (maybe J's?) don't and so want to get tasks out of the way. It's all about the motivation.. some aren't motivated until near the deadline maybe because they feel that they can improvise, and some are motivated at the beginning so that they can plan their approach. Although.. with the latter group, if a plan doesn't seem to form in their minds, they might get discouraged from starting at all, so they'd also procrastinate..

Ah, subjectivity. We could all chalk our habits up to just being a function of our own viewpoints and leave it at that, until the moment that we all have to start working together and find ourselves driving each other insane..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I know that I and others tend to use those as excuses--consciously or subconsciously--to procrastinate or just not do something.. when, really, if it were a priority over some other activity, we'd make the time.
    I don't know...if I really wanted to, I could just work 4 nights and finish everything (basically, my work never finishes in certain moments of time, given that I translate - I have 10 jobs in line that I have to do for the 15th of December, for example), however that would probably lower my productivity during the next days given that I'll be more tired. It's an optimization problem without an easy solution.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I don't know...if I really wanted to, I could just work 4 nights and finish everything (basically, my work never finishes in certain moments of time, given that I translate - I have 10 jobs in line that I have to do for the 15th of December, for example), however that would probably lower my productivity during the next days given that I'll be more tired. It's an optimization problem without an easy solution.
    I'm expert at planning for others, if you need any help.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ me too...i'm great at figuring out other people's lives!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm expert at planning for others, if you need any help.
    Ahah, thank you but I have managed thru similar situations without too much trouble...my point was more like, it's not like if you have to build an home, then not building it all at once is considered as procrastination...or not?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Ahah, thank you but I have managed thru similar situations without too much trouble...my point was more like, it's not like if you have to build an home, then not building it all at once is considered as procrastination...or not?
    Is that a rhetorical question? Because I have all the answers, I just prefer to do nothing about them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I procrastinate out of fear of change, fear of losing control of myself, or fear of failing.

Most of my procrastination habits are against sensory activities -- the getting-up-and-just-doing-it-without-a-preconceived-plan part.