User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Queer as Folk

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's sad. I'm quite insecure though and I don't do it. ..................................................
    I would have never guessed it. Ha Ha.
    But it doesn't work if it makes you want to wring their necks... am I the only one who feels this way?
    I despise it also, when I notice it, that is. It seems most evident in girls that are early teens, and I try to avoid going places where young teens are likely to be present. The young teen boys have other annoying habits, too, and they will even do the giggle thing occasionally ( often for the same reasons, as Edahn ventured, but sometimes to express agreement ) as well. ( Like the Beevis and Butthead "Heh Heh" )

The most annoying habit of kids is when little girls screech in extremely high pitched voices to show enjoyment and attract attention. It is a screech that is high enough to have been sampled from the shower scene of Psycho.

The man who lives in the apartment downstairs from me has two daughters and the youngest does this every time she rides their little toboggan down to the base of the hill, which ends just below my window. Then she drags it back up to the top of the little hill and does it again. And again.

It's not just a shout. It's got to be so high pitched as to be a screetch. And only a little girl can get her voice up that high, or a opera diva/coloratura perhaps. Perhaps that's what they are trying to say. "Why ? Because we can " Like the old joke about pets licking themselves.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I think its social conditioning. My thoughts are women are supposed to be respectful and even submissive to men so giggling at the end of a statement is a way to down play what is being said.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I think its social conditioning. My thoughts are women are supposed to be respectful and even submissive to men so giggling at the end of a statement is a way to down play what is being said.
    I have a friend who does it with more senior (in age/job rank) women. At first I found it annoying, but not so much after I realized it's almost automatic when she's nervous.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I saw queer as folk once as I was channel surfing.
    It's one of my favorite series of all time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    It's one of my favorite series of all time.
    Do lesbians get a kick out of seeing gay guys make out?

Is that a really inappropriate question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

But it doesn't work if it makes you want to wring their necks... am I the only one who feels this way?
    It gives me a bit of a kick if its nerves cause it bugs me no end so I dont respond in kind and therefore prolly make them even more uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I have a friend who does it with more senior (in age/job rank) women. At first I found it annoying, but not so much after I realized it's almost automatic when she's nervous.
    I've seen it most prevalent in women who care too much what men think.

MBTI
    INxJ

Do lesbians get a kick out of seeing gay guys make out?

Is that a really inappropriate question?
    I don't have the best gauge for appropriate. I find man on man action the only palatable method for seeing men in a sexual light. It's hot. Though, the biggest consumer of XY gay sex is heterosexual women.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I've seen it most prevalent in women who care too much what men think.
    Sucks to be them.

My mum does it though and she really couldn't give a fuck. (ESFJ)
    Guess it's just yet another of those social conventions that will forever be a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I find man on man action the only palatable method for seeing men in a sexual light. It's hot. Though, the biggest consumer of XY gay sex is heterosexual women.
    Makes sense...kinda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.