User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Queer as Folk

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I saw queer as folk once as I was channel surfing. There I saw what was perhaps the greatest love scene EVER: There were 2 guys, one a violinist, one just a hot dude. Hot dude knocks on fiddler's door and says "You owe me a song." Fiddler says: "What would you like?" Hot dude: "Something romantic." So fiddler starts playing Meditations from Thais by Massenet. He gets really into it (he's playing while standing on his bed btw), and hot dude stands up. He walks to fiddler's bed, hops on, fiddler stops playing, and they start making out. Both are gorgeous, so I enjoyed it ... Then it flips to some shower scene somewhere and I change the channel. The end.
    A valid contribution. Thank you for the image.
    Yet the expression was currency before the show about hot gay men.
    As is frequently the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Perhaps, in this case, it's a sort of coping mechanism for comfort. It might've reduced her stress. I think laughter often does.

I'm curious. Is it alway a sort of "giggle" or can it be something of a diffused "haaa" as well?
    Haaa... I can cope with. Even the odd ill-advised chortle. It's the constant giggling used as an audible full-stop that irritates me. (just why?)
    Look out for it and you will start to see it everywhere. Then it will really start to piss you off and you'll want to kill me for pointing it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Haaa... I can cope with. Even the odd ill-advised chortle. It's the constant giggling used as an audible full-stop that irritates me. (just why?)
    Okay, I don't do THAT.

Look out for it and you will start to see it everywhere. Then it will really start to piss you off and you'll want to kill me for pointing it out.
    I hate you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13
    Oh, that's a good one... I'm leaving my response though because it's that hot.
    Yesss, why yesss, it isss.

I see. I wasn't entirely sure at first. I've seen it countless times and I do notice it often enough. We are in agreement. I can barely tolerate that sort of behaviour either. It sometimes depends if I'm close to the person, though, I won't mind it as much.
    Last edited by zarc; 11-27-2008 at 12:08 AM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

irl or text?

i do it in text when i'm laughing with someone...joking or think the conversation is funny...not serious.

so if i said...omg!! i can't believe you did that!! haha
    you would know i thought it was funny and i'm not mad.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Insecurity, because they don't trust that they're be liked. The laughter releases tension in the speaker and coaxes the other person into laughing, and you can't laugh and be irritated at the same time. Easy. NEXT!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Insecurity, because they don't trust that they're be liked. The laughter releases tension in the speaker and coaxes the other person into laughing, and you can't laugh and be irritated at the same time. Easy. NEXT!
    That's sad. I'm quite insecure though and I don't do it. Are you saying that women are more insecure when communicating than men, or just that it's more important to them to be liked?

Yeah, I kinda answered my own question there.

But it doesn't work if it makes you want to wring their necks... am I the only one who feels this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    irl or text?

i do it in text when i'm laughing with someone...joking or think the conversation is funny...not serious.

so if i said...omg!! i can't believe you did that!! haha
    you would know i thought it was funny and i'm not mad.
    Now you come to mention it.....
    j/k.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That's sad. I'm quite insecure though and I don't do it.

Are you saying that women are more insecure when communicating than men, or just that it's more important to them to be liked?
    Hm. I do think they're different. Insecurity has to do with self-trust. You can have a high need to be liked, but trust yourself that you'll get it every time. I'm not sure. I should add that I don't think women are truly insecure, in the sense that that's their identity; I think they have insecure thoughts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ blue...i don't even know what that means
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^ blue...i don't even know what that means
    ooops. I should have added a haha!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ nope...still don't
    i think i've decided you nt's confuse me
    people usually don't...it's quite odd for me.
    -Jim Morrison