• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Truth or compassion?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
so you mean you're saying it to someone who wants nothing to do with you?

then uh...no...doesn't matter a bit how you say it...but you knew that.

Of course I knew that. I just wanted to show that your post has a hole in it's logic.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course I knew that. I just wanted to show that your post has a hole in it's logic.
not in my happy happy world where the conversation was between two people who liked each other!! haha

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends on how much I care about the person I should answer. If I don't care enough, I'll tell them a truth closer as much as they want to hear for avoiding conflict (conflict is tedious and boring). But if it's someone who I appreciate, I'll try to be as objective as possible, since I think truth is the only factible path and what's really going to help them.

For me... it depends. Sometimes I want truth, sometimes I just want be spoiled. Usually I try to resolve my issues by myself, so I don't go asking others.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Until this year, I didn't know there was any other way to respond aside from blunt truth. I haven't changed my default method, but I recognize it's not the only way.

I prefer truth, no matter the circumstances.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I always tell the truth, but how bluntly or how much of it is going to come out of my mouth is situational.

If I see that the person really needs it, he's going to get a hybrid between compassion and truth, but what ever the case, he's going to get some truth.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I naturally offer compassion first but I have learned that it really depends on what the person on the receiving end seeks. Sometimes they seek truth and sometimes they seek compassion. You just have to feel the situation out.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously, you want to aim for the best of both worlds. But if I'm actually being posed with a dillema, then I prefer the truth over being nice.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Noo, wont do that, because in or, there is no dilema :D Just dilema in itself :D

T

ThatGirl

I'm not human

Always the truth, or at least the sarcastic opposite

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Truth in a as literal and logical as possible or just having the cause of being/telling truth?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Truth or compassion?

What are you more likely to say to other person if those two are opposite of each other in some situation?
What do you want to hear from others in a hard times?

I know that question is very general, so people can put it in a context they feel it is right for them, but idea is not to talk just about touchy/feely things here. The idea is to talk about differences of truth/feels good in general.

I don't have any big dilemmas I am just curious since I am totally on the "truth side" of the spectrum.(and people have problem with it)

Probably T/F will play a role in this thrad.

I really think it depends on the situation. It's not always going to be either/or that you apply to all situations. Sometimes truth is more appropriate, sometimes compassion is more appropriate. Are they ever really in complete conflict with each other though? I really need some examples illustrated for me...

But for me, if I imagine it, in hard times, what good is 'truth' going to do me? Give me some compassion. Hard times usually means I already know the truth, or no one wants to tell the truth anyway, so it isn't really an option.

T

ThatGirl

Truth as in I refuse to run senerios that do not exist for the sake of making someone feel better in their denial.

But I should also say that real "truth" I do not carelessly define.

I knew you would... see, I was being both truthful AND compassionate there

Genius, I should learn that