User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default "Does Everyone Else Know This?"

    Sometimes I find myself thinking about something amazing, or perhaps something simple. After a while of parsing X thought over and over, my psychic censor kicks in and asks, "What if the thought you're thinking isn't all that amazing or original, and everyone else knows about it to the point of being automatically understood? And you only just caught on to it. And if you tell anyone else about it, you'll probably look silly because you'll make something they already know overly complicated."

    Anyone else ever thought like this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Everyone thinks that at some point in their life. It's nothing new, Eldanen.

  3. #3
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Everyone thinks that at some point in their life. It's nothing new, Eldanen.
    *crawls onto Edahn's head and gnaws him for all eternity, as per anime*

  4. #4
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Sometimes I find myself thinking about something amazing, or perhaps something simple. After a while of parsing X thought over and over, my psychic censor kicks in and asks, "What if the thought you're thinking isn't all that amazing or original, and everyone else knows about it to the point of being automatically understood? And you only just caught on to it. And if you tell anyone else about it, you'll probably look silly because you'll make something they already know overly complicated."

    Anyone else ever thought like this?
    Wow. That's a really cool thought.
    I've never thought of that before.
    Seriously, though.
    When I think of a "new idea" I don't worry about whether other people have thought of it.
    It's enough that it's new to me, and perhaps new to some or most of the other people I know.
    When I share new ideas, I hardly ever have anyone say they had already thought of that before.

  5. #5
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Wow. That's a really cool thought.
    I've never thought of that before.
    Seriously, though.
    When I think of a "new idea" I don't worry about whether other people have thought of it.
    It's enough that it's new to me, and perhaps new to some or most of the other people I know.
    When I share new ideas, I hardly ever have anyone say they had already thought of that before.
    Yeah, it's kind of weird to think about because it's ultimately an unknown. "Does everyone else know this and just assume it's true, and they just never talk about it because of that?" Pretty existential and postmodern xD.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Pretty existential and postmodern xD.
    Yeah, obviously.

  7. #7
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Wow. That's a really cool thought.
    I've never thought of that before.
    Seriously, though.
    When I think of a "new idea" I don't worry about whether other people have thought of it.
    It's enough that it's new to me, and perhaps new to some or most of the other people I know.
    Same. I just get excited that I figured out how to make something work. The thought of somebody else coming up with the ideas first or what they think of it never cross my mind.

  8. #8
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Sometimes I find myself thinking about something amazing, or perhaps something simple. After a while of parsing X thought over and over, my psychic censor kicks in and asks, "What if the thought you're thinking isn't all that amazing or original, and everyone else knows about it to the point of being automatically understood? And you only just caught on to it. And if you tell anyone else about it, you'll probably look silly because you'll make something they already know overly complicated."

    Anyone else ever thought like this?
    Funny you should pose this question. Yes!

Similar Threads

  1. Does anybody else have this problem?
    By Vorthos in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 09:56 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 06:35 PM
  3. [Ni] does anyone else have this type of mindset
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 11:16 PM
  4. Does anyone else visit this site?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO