• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Girl-Talk -> More Depression?

Females: Do you get less or more depressed after talking to friends about issues?

• More

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Less

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Stays the same

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Moi, have problems? Pshaw..!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It really depends on the personality of the female friend in question. I'll talk to female friends, but only if they're the kind to offer advice and/or help me analyse the situation. But then, I usually just talk to my boyfriend. When I go to my female friends for help, it'll be because I need their point-of-view as well. So, I suppose one could say that I prefer the advice and assistance of people who can help me see through the mess of emotions instead of empahsising them.

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
The OP makes sense in the context of commiseration simply being talking at each other.

There are some people to whom I will never voice my emotional state because it's like bouncing off a brick wall. Others will give me my due, and in no time at all (seconds), I'm back on top.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to feel worse because the people I surrounded myself made me feel worse about it. When I surround myself with better people, I feel stronger after such discussions. I think it has far more to do with the emotional immaturity of many of young confidents, yes, including the venter themselves. It is important to assess whether or not this friend is someone you should really share with also. If they dump on you and you cannot dump to them, they are not being a reciprocal friend which can make matters worse.