User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    This is a case however where silence is a form of consent.
    Or just tolerance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Or just tolerance.
    Pantyhose & Roses ~ Echobelly

"..All these years, all this time,
    Learn to suffer, compromise,
    Turn away, tolerate,
    Learn to suffer what you hate.

And it could change, it will never.."

You say tolerate, I say silently support...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Everyone, minus Uber, likes fun.
    I'm a parasite. I gain fun by sucking away the fun from others.

The same way spree killers become more alive by taking the lives of others.

MBTI
    INTP

That's the thing though isn't it. Fun is traditionally associated with extroverted activities. It seems like introverted fun is called boring and dull. I've lost count of how many times I've been accused of being boring because I recoiled from the idea of going out for a drink or going clubbing. In fact, having been dragged to clubs on occasion, I find nothing more dull than a group of people staggering about and shouting enthusiastically. They most often have nothing of interest to say and are completely frightened by any kind of thinking. Why can't it be combined? I wouldn't mind so much if I were surrounded by people drinking and trying to get hold of the tenants of existentialism or some such but most often they're just speaking to enjoy hearing the sound of their voices and to get affirmation of their friends. It's no wonder they find me boring... I affirm very little..
    You describe exactly the thing in my environment dear boy.

You pronounced the word.
    The correct word.
    Affirmation.

Life is about the other. It is not about us.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That's the thing though isn't it. Fun is traditionally associated with extroverted activities. It seems like introverted fun is called boring and dull. I've lost count of how many times I've been accused of being boring because I recoiled from the idea of going out for a drink or going clubbing. In fact, having been dragged to clubs on occasion, I find nothing more dull than a group of people staggering about and shouting enthusiastically. They most often have nothing of interest to say and are completely frightened by any kind of thinking. Why can't it be combined? I wouldn't mind so much if I were surrounded by people drinking and trying to get hold of the tenants of existentialism or some such but most often they're just speaking to enjoy hearing the sound of their voices and to get affirmation of their friends. It's no wonder they find me boring... I affirm very little..
    You...you...are SO right, man! *Hick* I just...I just don't....I love you man! You...you...know that don't you?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Pantyhose & Roses ~ Echobelly

"..All these years, all this time,
    Learn to suffer, compromise,
    Turn away, tolerate,
    Learn to suffer what you hate.

And it could change, it will never.."

You say tolerate, I say silently support...
    Such a J! You say that like this is a moral issue. It's not. We are the minority.
    There is no right or wrong. Choose your battles. Live and let live.

/platitudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Such a J! You say that like this is a moral issue. It's not. We are the minority.
    There is no right or wrong. Choose your battles. Live and let live.

/platitudes.
    J? Jaguar?

What's this choose battles marlarky? Just wait till something ticks you off enough.. then anhillate it. Simple, clean, effective.

--------------------------
    Oh I have found an exception to fun being a bad word. Geeks.

Now moving swiftly past whether geeks are naturally introverted or if it's up for grabs that kind of person who's idea of fun is more obviously something other than a game of five a side can use the word fun without me getting cold shivers.

May be it's a trust issue?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    4w3

I really enjoyed reading this thread, lots of interesting opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    That's basically how I feel about it. If someone says something will be fun, I ask them how. If it doesn't sound challenging, creative, or educational, there's a good chance that I'll decline.

Their idea of having fun is my idea of wasting time. They say, "Oh, come on! Life is short, have some fun!" And I say, "Yes, life IS short, and that's why I'd rather not waste my time doing things that are pointless to me."

But, I'm open minded enough to give it a shot sometimes. And I'm open minded enough to enjoy something even if I thought it was going to suck. A lot of my best memories wouldn't exist if I didn't give other people's ideas a chance. So, there's always the desire to take a chance on something and there's always the ability to initiate some change in a social situation that isn't fun at all.
    I second that.

It certainly help the prospects of fun in any activity if I'm with good friends...
    I usually see parties and bars as means to an end, which is meeting new people/dates. When my shyness doesn't keep me from doing so, I love meeting new people.
    Getting drunk and talking shit can be somewhat fun, and I have done that a lot in the past, but at the same time seems like a tremendous misuse(or waste) of time and self-alienation.
    (and waste of health, neurons, and a mild day-after due the hangover)

I like to hangout and interact with interesting not-obnoxious people(..... well, who doesn't) especially if they're very different from me, it helps me realizing different perspectives. But I also like to study, read, learn, work, and engage in philosophic or "pseudo-philosophic" discussions... :p
    Also I try to take some time to reflect and improve my self-understanding, to which the term "fun" is not applicable.

MBTI
    isfp

I'm not too sure if this is type related or what but it's been buzzing around in my head since I watched an interview with Stephen Fry when he mentioned recoiling whenever people mentioned "fun".

To me it's more apprehension at what people mean by the word "fun". Often people use it to mean something inane and mindless devoid of all intellectual content and just designed to give them a quick buzz. Now I don't mean to come across all snobbish and aloof but I'm much more enthused by the idea of something which engages the brain, allows for innovation and even... dun dun duhhh... teamwork. Sitting around a table getting drunk is none of those things...

Anyhow I was wondering if there's any more who recoil from the term fun or something similar.

Anybody?
    I'm not even an NT and I agree with this. The problem is that you're assuming that the other people who have defined fun in terms of extraverted activities have a corner on the market of what that word means. Fun is basically all about enjoying whatever makes YOU feel more energized and alive.

We is far too sophisticated to have fun. Fun is for SFPs. They have to have something in their lives.
    Well, yeah, we SFPs know how to enjoy life. Enjoyment of life is a goooooood thing, Bluemonday.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    That's it! I'm changing to SFP. Fun is, well fun

The problem is when someone else's definition of fun doesn't match with my reality.
    Exactly! Once again, Trinity's managed to condense into one sentence wheat would've taken me a paragraph to say. Thanks.

Sarah

MBTI
    INTJ

I have to be in the mood for fun to have fun.
    It happens a couple of times a year. Maybe.