User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    "Having fun" is just enjoying yourself, if you enjoy reading books all day then you're having fun.
    yes...agreed.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    The concept of a person disliking the concept of fun is some seriously funny shit.

People can be so strange.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    that's what i was thinking! haha
    It think people are more speaking against the common connotations associated with "fun", not the actual concept of fun.

Everyone, minus Uber, likes fun.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I always wonder why people don't show up at parties and events when they have nothing else to do and I made it CLEAR that it would be FUN. That's often my primary argument.

"There will be lots of people there. It will be FUN!"

and people literally cringe and I always just assume that they are being shy. And I always just assumed that almost everybody liked to have "fun". (Sitting around a table drinking, shoe shopping.) and that if they didn't want to have fun then they were just really tired or just shy.

Well, learn something new every day.
    LOL.

I really like you.

Edit: got a rep for this post that made me want to clarify: I genuinely do think her mind is interesting in a very foreign way to me and I genuinely do enjoy her posting history and think she's a great contribution to the board!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Dudes and dudettes, it is possible to make ANYTHING fun if you are willing to want to have it that way.

Basically, the way I get by daily is to attempt to be maximizing my enjoyment all of the time. So what if you're going to have to do something lame? Do it all your own way! MAKE YOUR OWN FUN! Don't just sit and wait for fun to be fed to your asses, you lazy n00bs.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yeah, this is probably based more on disliking the common notion of fun. Fun, by definition, is whatever you enjoy doing, so you can't avoid enjoying fun things.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're snob.
    Yes boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    The concept of a person disliking the concept of fun is some seriously funny shit.

People can be so strange.

Okay so I've been arguing over something with my ENFP friend which I think relates to this. He seems to be of the opinion that I should have get up and go. I should make efforts to go out and enjoy myself (the wider definition most commonly hidden behind "come on... it'll be fun"). He seems worried that I can spend days thinking about something and not actually engage in it or with it. The thing is that IS my fun.

Earlier someone mentioned introversion being linked to how much enthusiasm you have... poppycock. I don't go all weak at the knees about shoe shopping or dancing (I loathe dancing) but ask me to redesign the current concept of computer cases (geeky but true) and I'm all yours. My minds a wash with ideas, I feel the whole adrenaline and such. The thing is I AM an introvert. That not only means that I'm more reserved than an extrovert but it also means that when I have a real party ... IT'S IN MY HEAD!

I wonder if there's a good middle ground?

Oooo lawnmower man.... extroverts with suits can party in my...errm no actually that's nightmarish... no definitely no.. oh GOD no...

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I'm not too sure if this is type related or what but it's been buzzing around in my head since I watched an interview with Stephen Fry when he mentioned recoiling whenever people mentioned "fun".

To me it's more apprehension at what people mean by the word "fun". Often people use it to mean something inane and mindless devoid of all intellectual content and just designed to give them a quick buzz. Now I don't mean to come across all snobbish and aloof but I'm much more enthused by the idea of something which engages the brain, allows for innovation and even... dun dun duhhh... teamwork. Sitting around a table getting drunk is none of those things...

Anyhow I was wondering if there's any more who recoil from the term fun or something similar.

Anybody?
    Fun (= a good time) is a mental health issue.

1. Rugby
    2. Cricket
    3. Polo.

So they say.

Rugby?
    Einfach tierisch !!
    If you ask me.

Cricket?
    So-so.

Polo is the thing.

This is an understatement.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Fun (= a good time) is a mental health issue.
    That's the thing though isn't it. Fun is traditionally associated with extroverted activities. It seems like introverted fun is called boring and dull. I've lost count of how many times I've been accused of being boring because I recoiled from the idea of going out for a drink or going clubbing. In fact, having been dragged to clubs on occasion, I find nothing more dull than a group of people staggering about and shouting enthusiastically. They most often have nothing of interest to say and are completely frightened by any kind of thinking. Why can't it be combined? I wouldn't mind so much if I were surrounded by people drinking and trying to get hold of the tenants of existentialism or some such but most often they're just speaking to enjoy hearing the sound of their voices and to get affirmation of their friends. It's no wonder they find me boring... I affirm very little..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    That's the thing though isn't it. Fun is traditionally associated with extroverted activities. It seems like introverted fun is called boring and dull. I've lost count of how many times I've been accused of being boring because I recoiled from the idea of going out for a drink or going clubbing. In fact, having been dragged to clubs on occasion, I find nothing more dull than a group of people staggering about and shouting enthusiastically. They most often have nothing of interest to say and are completely frightened by any kind of thinking. Why can't it be combined? I wouldn't mind so much if I were surrounded by people drinking and trying to get hold of the tenants of existentialism or some such but most often they're just speaking to enjoy hearing the sound of their voices and to get affirmation of their friends. It's no wonder they find me boring... I affirm very little..
    It's easier to get some new friends than to try to single-handedly change the language/culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    It's easier to get some new friends than to try to single-handedly change the language/culture.
    This is a case however where silence is a form of consent.