User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I could never stand the fast-paced stuff that 'fun' implied at most camps. Or if it's a religious camp its very hard to integrate since most people that are even similar to me have very different interests. ()

Or the fun is mundane and overly teamworky (As said before) and I -cannot- work well with people I don't know too well.

If I have decided 'No,' goading wont do anything. If I decided 'yes' . . . theyre lucky.

I always loved that 'shark attack' game that is with the giant circle mat thing...
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think I would agree, but sitting around the table getting drunk can be really fun.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

We is far too sophisticated to have fun. Fun is for SFPs. They have to have something in their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    We is far too sophisticated to have fun. Fun is for SFPs. They have to have something in their lives.
    That's it! I'm changing to SFP. Fun is, well fun

The problem is when someone else's definition of fun doesn't match with my reality.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Anyhow I was wondering if there's any more who recoil from the term fun or something similar.
    I can relate. I used to hate "fun". When someone would say, "Let's do this; it'll be fun!" I would have absolutely no inclination or temptation to do it. I still don't really. Like if a friend says, "Let's go shopping. It'll be fun." I was with her until she said the word fun. (And actually I'm not that crazy about shopping either. Lunch I like! )

I have "fun" in a box. The box is labeled, "I don't like fun. Fun is frivolous and useless. It doesn't accomplish anything important or significant. And sometimes people get hurt."

Being married to an ISTP has forced me to learn how to have some fun. I can relax a little and have some fun, but generally I still don't prefer it.

I used to be deathly serious almost constantly before I met him. I never joked or teased. When people teased me, I would be offended. I took everyhting seriously and didn't know when people were kidding.

MBTI
    yupp

see I don't have an aversion to fun if it's in my terms. I have an aversion to fun when people are trying to convince me of why I should do something. that and it will be a growing experience. Fuck that! if I wanted to grow I'd go tie myself to a rack. but seriously, if I want to do something I'm going to go do it and if I don't. I won't. no amount of it will be fun or it will help you grow as a person won't work. alot of people suck, why would I want to be more human like? hmmmmm?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know, I don't think what I do during my leisure is what most would consider fun. "Fun" for me is about pursuing and, of course, obsessing about my obsessions. It actually is more a feeling of anger than fun, but I am compelled to do it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I wonder if this dislike of fun has something to do with not feeling competant at it? Something like not feeling empathic enough to be any good at this "fun" business.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

wow..never realized you guys had a problem with fun
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I dislike "fun" because most people's idea of it is literally translated to "pointless and boring" in my head.

I read somewhere that activities other types find fun simply can't compare to the amazing theme park that is an INTPs brain.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump