• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

lying

Mole

Permabanned
The Unconscious Lie

There are lies we know are lies.

And there are lies we don't know are lies.

And there are lies we know we don't know are lies.

And there are lies we don't know we don't know are lies.

And the last of these is called style or fashion.

For instance the fashionable style in which to write on Central is called the Conversational Style.

And I write in the Telegraphic Style.

This has the effect of making the Conversational Style visible.

This is deeply resented in some quarters.

Because it disturbs the comfortable conformity engendered by a fashionable style.

And all the more disturbing when this style is unconscious.

Freud found this in Vienna when he tried to make conscious the unconscious style of the bourgeoise.

They never forgave him for this, and all the conformists rose against him and drove him out of Vienna and killed all of his remaining family.

Jung had the sense to leave the unconscious alone, and was rewarded with the Presidency of the Psychoanalytic Society.

And still today the conformists mock Freud and follow Jung, the father of MBTI.

The paranoia of conformists is real.

And always remember that paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Frood was a blatant lie-teller! While some of his work has value, it is that sin that I can't forgive him for. Worse he knew he was lying and did it for selfish reasons. It caused ill-advised therapy for women and sex abuse victims for nearly a century and still holds sway among the misguided and sexist.

Yes, your style is unique and nearly always contains a useful nugget of truth.

I tried the other night to join in efforts to duplicate it and was unable. There were a couple of folks there who had you down to a, er, Tee.

The mental image of you peeling grapes is some apropos. :yes:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Sigmund Fraud, of course, never thought to back up his often interesting insights with any attempt at making meaningful observations that did not stem from an attempt to substantiate his own initial subjective assumptions. A pity, as he was one of the most original thinkers of his time.

Mole

Permabanned
Frood was a blatant lie-teller! While some of his work has value, it is that sin that I can't forgive him for. Worse he knew he was lying and did it for selfish reasons. It caused ill-advised therapy for women and sex abuse victims for nearly a century and still holds sway among the misguided and sexist.

Yes, your style is unique and nearly always contains a useful nugget of truth.

I tried the other night to join in efforts to duplicate it and was unable. There were a couple of folks there who had you down to a, er, Tee.

The mental image of you peeling grapes is some apropos. :yes:

Freud is hated by the conformists. And Freud is hated by those who wish to keep their unconscious a secret.

Freud was driven out of Vienna by the conformists.

These same conformists then acted out their unconscious on the Jews.

And I hardly need point out that Freud was a Jew so the conformists murdered all of his family.

And today the conformists still hate the unconscious and we see them acting out here their hatred on the Jew, Freud.

I am afraid you are going to have to walk over the top of me to get to Freud and act out your putrid unconscious.

Mole

Permabanned
Lying about Freud

Sigmund Fraud, of course, never thought to back up his often interesting insights with any attempt at making meaningful observations that did not stem from an attempt to substantiate his own initial subjective assumptions. A pity, as he was one of the most original thinkers of his time.

Freud could see the connection between tribal man and electronic man.

He could see that tribal man is not dissociated from his unconscious.

And he could see that electronic man is also not dissociated from his unconscious.

But he could also see there would be terrible disruption as literate man was transformed into electronic man.

To assist this transformation peacefully, he invented psychoanalyis in order to make the unconscious, conscious.

But events in the real world overtook him and the unconscious burst forth in the great eruption of hatred and violence we have ever seen.

And today we still see those dissociated people, without any personal integrity whatsoever, still spreading their lies about Freud.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
when is it ok to lie?
how much of the truth should you bend?
do you ever lie, even though it be a lot simpler to tell the truth?
have people caught you in a lie?
if so what were their reaction?
Do you lie more then you should?

1# Dependent on the situation. Depends how close am I to someone. If I don't want to talk to you, I'm going to say that i'm busy, while I'm not.

2# Yes.

3# Yes.

4# Nothing, just a slight laugh, there are certain limits I uphold while lieing. I won't lie about anything serious, and if i do it's usually in a joking matter. Most of my lies are generally to get me out of participating in something I have no interest to. If it's anything serious, I prefer filtering how much information I pass around to lieing.

5# To some people, not enough, to other, far too much.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Freud is hated by the conformists. [/QUOTE/]

Conformist? Conformist! Why. . . Why. . . :steam:

[/QUOTE/] I am afraid you are going to have to walk over the top of me to get to Freud and act out your putrid unconscious.

Putrid unconscious? Putrid unconscious! :steam:

Are you pulling the old Johari's Window ploy on me, Dude? I don't subscribe to the concept of Original Sin. My conscious is that of primitive man - collective. ;)

Come on in and join the mass putridity, Victor.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I lie by omission, if I do at all. Usually just to protect my privacy. As for other situations, it's always best to be upfront.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
when is it ok to lie?

On things that need to be lied about?, and don't directly affect others by me lying about it....

Example: What I did last weekend. If I was actually passed out at a friend's house, and don't want them to know that I don't see a problem with lying and saying something else.

how much of the truth should you bend?

However much I deem necessary? I am extremely quick thinking, I could create entire stories on the spot.

do you ever lie, even though it be a lot simpler to tell the truth?

Yup, usually because I don't want someone to know the truth.

have people caught you in a lie?

Not to my knowledge.

Do you lie more then you should?

Not in my opinion. I don't lie for the fun of it, there's always a reason.....whether or not someone else agrees that I should or shouldn't have...I don't care. :D

Mole

Permabanned
The Lying Image

We live in two worlds. One world, now the minority, functions in a print-based, literate world. It can cope with complexity and has the intellectual tools to separate illusion from truth. The other world, which constitutes the majority, exists in a non-reality-based belief system. This world, dependent on skillfully manipulated images for information, has severed itself from the literate, print-based culture. It cannot differentiate between lies and truth. It is informed by simplistic, childish narratives and clichés. It is thrown into confusion by ambiguity, nuance and self-reflection.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
And all the more disturbing when this style is unconscious.

Freud found this in Vienna when he tried to make conscious the unconscious style of the bourgeoise.

They never forgave him for this, and all the conformists rose against him and drove him out of Vienna and killed all of his remaining family.

Jung had the sense to leave the unconscious alone, and was rewarded with the Presidency of the Psychoanalytic Society.

Freud was a genius for his efforts to make us aware of the unconscious. My issue with him stems from how he hurt his theories with the unnecessary focus on the sexual nature of the unconscious mind. There is much more to learn and observe about the unconscious than the deviant nature that is often times repressed by conforming to social norms. If his studies had focused more on other aspects of the unconscious mind, we could have possibly benefited from it on a much higher level.