User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    All are deluded, but he who analyses his delusions is called a philosopher. ~ Ambrose Bierce.

Philosophers have high post-count.

Correlation between delusion and post-count?

Mayhaps....
    Your logic is delusional.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    From what I am used to seeing from several other forums and communities of all sorts in general. Once a new member joins, one of his interests are to "assimilate" into a community. Naturally, you do go after the oldest members with the highest "post count" to look at as "guides".
    Yes, exactly! The dynamic has entirely to do with social integration. This applies to both the board, to any small groups of "cliques" (I use this loosely here, not in a negative way) and even on topics.

This becomes especially true when the topics can be more involved - certain groups of individuals often have past history that they can reference, or just have a common point of reference, and that naturally invites "caution" on the part of a new poster.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Yes, exactly! The dynamic has entirely to do with social integration. This applies to both the board, to any small groups of "cliques" (I use this loosely here, not in a negative way) and even on topics.

This becomes especially true when the topics can be more involved - certain groups of individuals often have past history that they can reference, or just have a common point of reference, and that naturally invites "caution" on the part of a new poster.
    For some, but such a delay is...I don't know, what's the point of posting if you're only posting what you think others want to hear? To be liked? LOL.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yeah see, noone here has my past history and they nevertheless socially integrated me, like they moved my blog in an ultimately clever plan to the NF boards.

Thats modern dictatorship. Assimilation from within
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Do you honestly think I'm lacking in the quest for knowledge department? If you're just talking about type theory, you might be the undergrad student, whereas I am the old professor who quit the University and started his own academy. How many questions am I going to phone you up to ask?
    Who says I was referring to you personally. They do say defensiveness arises from insecurity...

And no, please do not phone me. There's no point if you don't believe in what's contrary to your thinking. It'll be a waste of time.

From what I am used to seeing from several other forums and communities of all sorts in general. Once a new member joins, one of his interests are to "assimilate" into a community. Naturally, you do go after the oldest members with the highest "post count" to look at as "guides".

Also, people with higher post counts are "expected" to have a higher deciding value in a thread, than someone completely new simply because he has an established identity, which's value is inturn put on the poker table for gambling in each post he makes. A new poster on the other hand has no "expectations" of his to gamble on.
    I agree with the first, not sure about the second part about gambling identities in every post. Unless you're pretending to be somebody you're not that thought shouldn't ever come up. Unless you're saying you're a pretender?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    All are deluded, but he who analyses his delusions is called a philosopher. ~ Ambrose Bierce.

Philosophers have high post-count.

Correlation between delusion and post-count?

Mayhaps....
    +1

MBTI
    INTP

For some, but such a delay is...I don't know, what's the point of posting if you're only posting what you think others want to hear? To be liked? LOL.
    Don't make fun of my F dom!! :steam:
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

what's the point of posting if you're only posting what you think others want to hear? To be liked? LOL.
    Pretty much, yeah. That's how communities work in general.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Pretty much, yeah. That's how communities work in general.
    no more beer for you !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Damn... you aren't all fooled into thinking that I'm the 3rd smartest person here by my amazing postcount?

Really- newer posters sometimes DO look up to older members- like when I was new Sub and Jennifer- they offer social cues as to how things go on the site and what can fly and what can't. It's like having an older sibling here or something

Higher postcount doesn't mean that a person knows more about everything, but you can probably safely assume that someone with a higher post count has a better understanding of the forum dynamics than someone who is newer.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Who says I was referring to you personally. They do say defensiveness arises from insecurity...
    Keep rackin' em up, why don't you. You were responding to my post and taking a somewhat contrary position, and you know it. Back to the topic of knowledge, let me rephrase. Person A has long since considered everything Person B proposes along with statements such as "Have you considered this?" Person A responds with "Yes, I have, and it's a-no-good." But Person B can't seem to believe it's possible. Too bad for Person B.